355 SBC Engine temperature sensor location?

My new aluminum heads don't have the holes where the sensor would normally go on the drivers side. No place on the intake manifold either.

I'm thinking of putting it into a brass tee inline in the 3/4" heater hose close to the intake manifold.

Good place? It may read a few * low.

BBP

Chris, a water neck like that wouldn't show the correct temperature with the thermostat closed.

My 3/4 heater hose off the intake has flow to the heater even if thermostat is closed. As I said above, there are no sensor holes available.

The engine is assembled & I don't want to drill & tap, IMO too big a risk for introducing chips into coolant passages.

Intake is like an Edelbrock Air Gap, but for for their Pro-Flo EFI

Bones, that's a nice looking one, $92.95 at Summit

BBP

I found it to cure my own problem, my Brodix intake doesn't accept a thermostat, so I needed a way to incorporate one, and the bonus is the two ports just below the stat, perfect location for my stat for the electric fans to boot grin

Mikstudie,

How does your sensor read the correct temperature when the thermostat below it is closed?

I like the diamond plate & will put one on mine. I will mount some stuff there, like the bottom of my DIY shroud & maybe a couple remote oil filters.

I found a more reasonably priced spacer. $39.39

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MEZ-WN0028U

BBP

oic.. i'm guessing mikestudie might have only his electric fan sensor there? in which case that's fine, because the fans won't do anything if the t-stat isn't open anyway!!!

I Can't see mike's pic cuz the website squashed it so badly

i ASSumed mike was using what sam showed.