windows 7

monte70car

windows installation encountered an unexpected error. verify that the install sources are accessible and restart the installation. error code 0xE0000100

when i click on upgrade i get, "to start the upgrade, an existing version of windows needs to be running. restart your computer so that windows start normally and then restart the upgrade."

i currently have windows xp on the computer in question, both hard drives are formatted. when i burned the iso disk i did it at a slow speed should i have done it at a faster speed? i should be able to go from xp to window 7 without vista right? or do i need vista and then go to windows 7? i final got it to work yay i have it installing right now to my 1tb drive.

im coming to you live from windows 7 so far i have found a problem, or atleast with my copy. with in an hour ive done visted the blue screen of death an the memory dump screen. i have sent microsoft information on that problem. haven't really found any problems other then no beta soft ware from mcafee to run on it frown.

lol Allan Yeah I had it on a machine for about a hour.. I may stick it back on another one this weekend.. Or in a VM as I have heard it runs pretty good under VMware with about 1.5gb of ram..