The damn th400 in my car

Hoodicoff1

I am currently getting a 700r4 built for my car, but the turb0 400 thats in the car right now is dead. It worked just perfect when it came out of the chevy van, then when I put it into th Monte I got nothing, if I put the car on jacks itll move the wheels just fine, get the car going 90 miles an hour in third gear on blocks bust as soon as it gets put on the pavement absolutley nothing. I did put a shift kit in it so I bet I monkeyed something up, anything to look for to make it do something?

That can be extremely contageous, I'd give that tranny away asap!!! I'll send you my address so you can get rid of it!

Seriously, it sounds like you probably just got a checkball in the wrong spot, or forgot to put one in. I would bet that if you dropped the valve body and re-looked at the instructions, you'll find the culprit.

Well at least you did not break the speedo... When you did the swap did you change the converter? If so did you turn it until it clicked into the transmission or just slap it in and bolt it up?

Im pretty sure thats what it is, no torque, means no torque convertor, it clicked in twice, if it wasnt fully engaged the engine and tranny wouldnt go together properly am I right? the torque convertor got water in it when it was sitting for a while too, no matter now because its coming out and a built 700r4 is takin its place