Modified my Stock Horseshoe shifter

mc71454

Save some money and do it yourself...1st to 2nd is easy, use a dremel with a cut off wheel and make a notch at 2nd (did mine while still in the car)...for 2nd to third your going to need a welder but you can take the shifter out and have someone weld a small spacer between 3rd and neutral (for this one you need to take the shifter out anyway)....see page one, mines slightly different more of a slide into 2nd then a drop and for 3rd and neutral I cut a notch in the metal and then welded in a spacer.

• 5 months later...

I don't remember the year but GM made a shifter for a 2nd Gen MC that worked as a slap stick.It was a single stick design with a button on top.All you did was slap the shifter forward and slightly to the right.It worked well.

I was scratching my head for a while thinking how does this work? The I realized the Picture was taken from the passenger seat. I guess I didn't read the last sentence about it being in park.

Thanks for shearing the pic and directions, I'll have to do mine soon.

• 3 months later...

I REALLY modified my stock horseshoe shifter- the only thing left is the handle. I grafted it on to a B&M Quicksilver. This is in my Camaro. Works perfectly- I love it! And it was a lot of work...

063.jpg

065.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Canuck unpinned this topic