EASTERN MEET AWARDS DINNER

Rob Peters

I have talked with Jared regarding the Eastern Meet Awards Dinner. We will be having the "Period Dress" so drag out those old bags of clothes and start going through them. Find those bell bottom pants, Tie Dyed shirts, peace symbols etc.

Just one note. In some of the past dinners I handed out little bags of grass. That is right grass out of my lawnmower cuttings. It has been brought to my attention that any reference to drugs may send a confusing signal. There will be young children and teens at the meet and it is felt that this could send some mixed signals to these kids. Yes, it was all in fun and I never thought of this as a problem but since it was mentioned to me I have to agree it may not be a good idea so I will not be handing out my "nickle bags" and we request others minimize the reference to drugs.

Rob

Another shinning example of our society today. I could say a whole lot more about this, but in our PC world where real truth and fun is not always allowed I'll refrain.

Another shinning example of our society today. I could say a whole lot more about this, but in our PC world where real truth and fun is not always allowed I'll refrain. Rob I thought the sentiment was harmless and in good fun as well as taste.

I realize that there will be children at the meet. However, I also realize that "illegal substances" were a big part of the era our cars were made in. As a history teacher, I am required to teach the history of that era. When I teach Counterculture (the 60s and early 70s) in my American History classes, drugs make up part of that history curriculum. Marijuana and other more dangerous drugs are discussed as are their many nicknames (Lucy, Horse, Nickel Bags, etc.). That in no way means that I am encouraging my students to go out and use drugs. What Rob did was in jest and not meant to promote the use of marijuana.

So I'm guessing my T-shirt (era correct) with the big reefer leaf will not be appropriate... lol

Rob you can hand me my bag on the down low... wink

Bill

Having 2 small children, I have to say I am pleased that I will not have to answer "what is in that bag" questions. Thanks for bagging your joke, Rob. smile

So I'm guessing my T-shirt (era correct) with the big reefer leaf will not be appropriate... lol

Rob you can hand me my bag on the down low... wink

Bill

Wear it Bill! lol

PEACE BABY!!!!

Another shinning example of our society today. I could say a whole lot more about this, but in our PC world where real truth and fun is not always allowed I'll refrain. Rob I thought the sentiment was harmless and in good fun as well as taste.

Greg,

Like you, I thought it was all in fun. That said, I can understand where it could send mixed signals. I would never want to send a kid a mixed signal on drug use. Drug use is a very serious thing. My ex-brother-in-law blew the better part of.... Well, let's just say he blew a small fortune on drugs and alienated my sister and their three sons. He went from a very successful man to someone in and out of jail due to a drug addiction.

Also, I have the highest respect for the main person who brought this to my attention. It is something I never considered and would rather refrain from it no matter how innocent it may seem.

A note to everyone, I did not post this information for people to support one side or the other. I only wanted to let people know that that portion of the era should be left outside of our dinner. I would rather not do it than upset even one persons feelings in this club.

Thanks

Rob

OK, so not at dinner, how about during bench racing? lol Just kidding.

I could see where it might send a bad signal to the young crowd. Even though it is in the era no need to promote it.