Eastern Meet 2010

Andreas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my car is done......I will make every effort to attend if possible. We'll have to see when the time comes.

Woodward Dream Cruise seems do-able to me and is an event every car guy would hope to attend at least once in his life.

Dan

Originally Posted By: Andreas
Originally Posted By: MADMAC
Also, 40% (!!) of all FGMCC members are in six Northern States:

Geez... Texas Members don't even make the list. frown

Correct, I only listed states with more than 1% of the members

So Kansas didn't make the list either.. blush.. lol

Then theres Canada...

Guest knightfan2691
Originally Posted By: Jim Boczar
I was thinking with 2010 being the 40th anniversary of the Monte Carlo that the GM Nationals at Carlisle, PA would be a good venue.

They have had the Impala and Camaro anniversaries there and they maybe receptive to having the Monte Carlo anniversary next year. The dates are June 25-27, 2010 and below is a link.

GM Nationals 2010

Yeah, it is on the list, but unfortunately one BIG disadvantage: Same weekend as the Monte Carlo Nationals...

....and, quite frankly, being the 40th anniversary of the Monte Carlo ... AND the 25th Annual Monte Carlo Nationals ... I would hope more MCs are at the MC Nats....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I think I finally know just what it means" ... Mac Davis ... 'Texas In My Rearview Mirror'

I vote for the Super Chevy Show in dinwiddie VA. That is north of NC and east of the Missouri. I've been there twice. It's an awesome event with a car show, vendors, and lot's of drag racing going on all weekend. It's a little early in the year(late April), but that is awesome weather in Virginia that time of year.

Id say the Super Chevy at Maple Grove also. I like that better than Carlisle, because of other stuff going on with the races.

I can aid in planning if need be, even host a picnic if interested. Im about 35 min from there.

I was just there this year, it seems like it would be a real nice show for the Montes to get some more recognition

Too bad we can't do some kind of track rental in conjunction with the meet. Have the meet Thurs-Sun and rent a local track for, say, Monday, I'm sure most of us "racers" would hang out for the extra day.

Jim

Too bad we can't do some kind of track rental in conjunction with the meet. Have the meet Thurs-Sun and rent a local track for, say, Monday, I'm sure most of us "racers" would hang out for the extra day.

Jim

Stay tuned for next year's meet....grin

Jim

Most of us "racers" would hang out for the extra day. One day of racing and you consider yourself recruited I guess. LOL

Originally Posted By: jim's 70

Jim

Sounds like something is brewing! lol

Jim

Most of us "racers" would hang out for the extra day. One day of racing and you consider yourself recruited I guess. LOL

Hey...I've been to the track twice !!! lol

Jim

Sounds like something is brewing! lol

It is not so much the rental of a track, but the liability issues if we do something like this in connection with an 'official' FGMCC meet... So we have to crunch a lot of information before something like this could happen...

[quote=footballubetSounds like something is brewing! lol

Leave it to Scooter to think something is "BREWing"

Rob