nhra rules

madmonte

anyone know the rules for racing a t-top car.car will most likely be a mid 10 second car. ( the 3700 lb. monte went 11.52 with wheelhop and traction problems) right now the car has a 6 point roll bar , and i will be making it a full cage . so do you have to take the t- tops out to run below a certain et.or do they make you leave them in?

Guest 72yellowmc
anyone know the rules for racing a t-top car.car will most likely be a mid 10 second car. ( the 3700 lb. monte went 11.52 with wheelhop and traction problems) right now the car has a 6 point roll bar , and i will be making it a full cage . so do you have to take the t- tops out to run below a certain et.or do they make you leave them in?

here is his answer to your question.

Hi Robyn,

He needs to leave the t-tops installed.

Robyn

Are you saying your monte has T-tops or do you mean a sunroof?

Either way it is not a issue leave them in, you have a 6 point in there now...a 5 point rollbar is good till 10.00 then anything faster a cage is required.

Bill

thanks guys, im referring to a camaro,not my monte.i dont want to install a roll bar in my monte. so i bought a pro street camaro to put my 496 bbc and 400 trans. in. ill small block the monte and drive it.(the deal is in progress for the camaro) ill probably cage the camaro just for the added chassis strenght .