70 &71 fenders the same?

rperea

I have a 71 Monte that I've had for 13 years. About 10 years ago after me and my buddy took it down to metal, painted it beautiful midnight blue. Two weeks later I wrecked it and ruined the whole front end. Short on money and trouble finding parts, I scored a whole 70 parts car. I took the whole front clip and put it on mine and repainted. Now I would like to change it back to the original 71 style. I've collected most parts now but my question is are the fenders the same? I have heard that they are not.

Hey Hey

Rperea the fenders are different were the headlight door bolts to the fender on the 70 the bolt and the lineup pin(don't know what to call it)are in a differnt spot then the 71. when I got my first body the passenger fender was hit when I found a good fender not knowing they were different when I went to put the door it would not go becase they were switched I had to cut the top of both fenders and weld the old part to the new so the door would fit so keep an eye out for that

Dave

I don't know if it will help, but I can get pics of both fenders. AT a glance the upper front mount is about 1/2" different in height. I didn't check out the fender extension mounting. I am kind of busy today & tomorrow. I can get it soon though if you are curious. I don't know if I will have any problems loading the pics on here.

look at the pics smile i am goin with a fiberglass front end this winter and have no use for the front clip !

I will sell the whole thing for 300$

i have no idea how to ship it for less than 1 million dollars lol I could take it apart and ship the pieces individualy ??

bryan