WESTERN MEET PHOTOS...

Mo's70MCs

Man, I wish I could have been there. I would have been a shoe in for best 71. Love the pics. I have already been talking to the wife about making one of these meets next year. I will have to decide whether to go 1100 or 1500 miles. With all the great pics and descriptions of these meets, sounds like tons of fun. Danny

...I took the liberty of warming up the spot for you guys. lol

... now who's volunteering a small written synopsis of the event? If Dave Mau was there, it won't be long.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Rodney & Jake - and for "warming up the spot", Rod! smile

Alright, here's a brief overview of how it happened at the meet:

FRIDAY -

It rained in the morning, but let up for the afternoon and was cloudy the rest of the day. I'm not sure how many others did it, but after we checked in for the show, Jake and I participated in the Poker Run. After that, most of us got together at the club hotel outside of Vaughn's ground-level room and visited. Later on, some of us attended the live band entertainment and raffle drawing.

SATURDAY -

It was a mix of high clouds and sun, and we all met about 7:00am at the club hotel parking lot and then drove caravan-style to the show and parked together. It worked out great and we were able to line all the cars up together and put up our canopy and FGMCC banner. I enjoyed visiting with club members and looking at the Montes so much that I didn't even spend much time looking at the other cars in the show! I don't have an official number, but I heard there were approximately 180 cars there on the show-designated streets.

After the show wrapped up in the afternoon, we met back at the club hotel and took the pictures of the cars in front of the lake at the lakeside parking lot. I think we spent a couple hours there taking pictures and visiting. Later on we all went to a Smoke House restaurant for dinner that we had discovered while on the Poker Run. What a great time!

SUNDAY -

Starting around noon, we all met outside the club hotel underneath the big white canopy that was set up there on the grass. We had our awards ceremony and then handed out the club dash plaques and door prizes prior to taking the photos of club members in front of the FGMCC banner. Dan and his son, Travis, and Rodney and his girlfriend, Lisa, and his parents who were also along for the fun had to leave not long after that, while the rest of us stayed on for an afternoon of visiting, relaxing and eating. Jake's wife, Debbie, barbecued the burgers & brats, and everything was great. I think we wrapped it up around 7:00pm or so, as everyone was pretty tired from the events and traveling, and were planning to head back to their respective homes on Monday morning.

Overall, it was another fantastic FGMCC Western Meet and I was very glad that I was able to attend! I will be writing up an official report that will be in an upcoming issue of The Knight newsletter.

smile

Dave

As usual the western meet has beautiful montes with beautiful scenery! Great photos & sounds like you all had a great weekend!

Anymore pics??