2010 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

Rodney, check with Jake since he did some research on the campgrounds in the area. They are staying on the Washington side about 20 miles out of The Dalles, maybe Maryhill but I'm not sure.

August 12th cannot come soon enough! smile

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, we are at Maryhill, spot 39. Better make your reservation

now if you haven't done so. You can do it online.

Add The Young's as reserved @ the Hotel Friday & Sturday. Also mailed my payment in for the cruise in. Is there going to be special parking for our cars at the hotel overnight?

Great Jack!

No special parking. The lot at the hotel is not huge so it might be hard to set aside a specific area. I will discuss it with them once I know roughly how many will be parking at the hotel.

Doh!

You beat me to it: mine came today also. I'm number 14. Woo Hoo!

My wife Beth & I will be there at the Dalles Inn also. We specified a room type that the group didn't reserve, so maybe that's why I'm not on the list? They were nice enough to extend the group discount to us though...

We should be rolling in late Thursday. Once I get settled in, I'll be looking for a pub and place to eat. LOL

There's a pub right next door to the hotel. There is also a restaurant called "Burgerville" across the street. smile

There's a pub right next door to the hotel. There is also a restaurant called "Burgerville" across the street. smile

Burgerville!!! Geez I haven't thought of them in years.....not quite McDonalds though....we're car 40...on about the same schedule as Mark...Davey...Red's been practicing her burnouts at Fontana!!!..BTW..Aaron is there any kind of website or something for the strip? Would be nice to know their rules and/or requirements....

If I remember right, they are using the runway at the airport. Not

sure on the rules myself. Helmets required?

yes Jake it is an old runway I believe. I've been able to find a few Youtube type vids but that's about it. At tracks that use NHRA guidelines a helmet is required at 13.99...SNELL 2000 or newer....

Need an opinion on whether to drive or tow from LA, I guess I am a little nervous in case something breaks. I talked to a friend at a Mom and Pop auto store and said drive it. I have gone through most of the car except the stock wiring, and it has been serviced. I will just park it at the hotel in the Dalles what do you all think.

My internet is down it will be a few days before I can get back on.

Got my registration card on Saturday (17th). I'm #35. We will be there mid-day Thursday. Has anyone found about parking trailers?? Luke, if my car wasn't so hard on gas I'd drive. Of course it's only 171 miles for us.

Hey Luke,

Don't know how long you have owned or how many miles you have driven her at this point but a lot (at least in my view) depend on how confident you feel making a long trip. I have not had much opportunity to really drive mine for a long distance since replacing the entire drivetrain. I am going to hook up with the caravan coming from up North in Portland and join them. Safety in numbers!

Anyone else in Cali you might be able to hook up with to make the journey? Otherwise I would fallback on my confidence level or as you indicated, possibly tow her up to the Meet.

Whatever you decide, hope to see you there.

Doug

Hi all...

My parents were able to reserve both Friday and Saturday night at the Memaloose State Park campground. I guess this park is 11 miles west of The Dalles, so it is relatively close.

We plan on being in the area on Friday afternoon...hopefully earlier rather than later...

If anybody needs help with anything...feel free to contact us!

See you soon!

REMINDER: Only 9 days left (July 29th) to secure a room at The Dalles Inn. After that, they release the rooms to the public.

For those who have not attended a meet or maybe even a car show before, here are some tips:

Things to bring:

- Bring chairs. Yes, some people forget these.

- A small cooler is recommended for refreshments of your choice.

- Bring an EZup canopy if you have one. Shade for the group on car show day will come in handy.

- Bring some car cleaning stuff. I have a small box of glass cleaner, tire shine, duster, rags, paper towell, etc). Towels come in handy too if you need to dry your car off at any point.

For those driving long distance, I recommend having spare hoses and belts in the trunk. It can sometimes make an otherwise time consuming fix into a quick job. I also bring water, oil and tranny fluid just in case. Don't forget the tools also. Although some may like getting awards, you do not want the hard luck award. grin

Get some sleep before the weekend. There is no requirement to stay up late but it happens when you get all the Monte nuts together. We just chat for hours.

fgmcc

The FGMCC will provide some water and pop throughout the weekend. Royce and I will each bring a big cooler but it would be nice to have more large coolers to keep this stuff cold for the group on car show day. If you can fit one in your trailer, it may come in handy during the weekend. smile

Here is who I have on my confirmed list:

Roy Bunjes

Vaughn Peoples

Pat Trottier

Jake Gould

Rodney Shure

Royce Tollman

Chris Stiener

Mark Andrus

David & Patricia Nassimbene

Keith Golanowski

Chris Davis

Dave Mau

Tim Oest

Doug Cameron

Aaron Dodsworth

Jack Young

Dan Goehring

Cameron Lewis

Garrett Kuipers

Luke Sink

There are some others who I have heard from recently who are very likely to make it but not 100% yet. There are also several who posted a while ago saying they will be coming but don't appear to have booked a room. If there is anyone who has not yet informed me they are coming to the meet, please send me a PM or email.

fgmcc

Huh...

Art...don't remember his last name...he was at last year's meet with a nice, stock, red 70...

Does anybody know if he is going to make it? Is everything OK with him?

He was such a nice person to have around...