ports

monte70car

For some unknown reason I can't get on the site thougt my home network. It will either time out or it won't find the page for the site. My next step is to power off the moden and router and see if that works. I can get on the net and cust other sites but ours

This issue has come back up. I was able to view the site up until last night. I have unpluged my modem router and disconnected my network and still can't get on. So I'm last at what the problem is port 80 that its talking about is for a remote server.

i don't think it's your end ert. I have the same problem from time to time.. it's somthing to do with the way that the DNS is handled for the first gen website.

sometimes if you take the url. and replace ".firstgenmc.com" with ".fgmcc.com" or ".firstgenerationmontecarloclub.com" it will work. not sure which urls are still active now days. sometimes if you look up the numeric ip and put it in, it will work fine...

it is your ISP.. not you.. that's why.

your phone and school are both different providers.

i noticed it when mom had AT&T U Verse DSL I never had a problem at her house with it. now that she's comcast cable like me... her's does exactly the same thing mine does.

• 5 months later...

Well here we go again going though my router I can't get on same thing as before. Its not the isp as I'm hooked straight to my moden with no issues. Looks like I'll have to unhook the router and let it set for a few frown. I'll try and get back on when I can hope you all enjoy your easter and the fine weather.

• 3 weeks later...

port 80 is the standard port for internet browser. If your router is setup with default config, it should allow that port throught to your computer. you did not mention if you're having problems connecting to other web sites. It could be the settings on your router. it is kind of hard to go over everything in a message forum that could be wrong. do you know how to do a "ping" test or check your router settings? also as someone else mentioned try all of the different dns names for this site (fgmcc.com, firstgenerationmontecarlo.com, etc..). check and compare dns settings when connected directly to the modem and the router (using CMD command prompt window on computer - command is ipconfig /all). Also are you wired directly to your router or on wireless to the router?

Well its not a dns issue as when I'm hard wired to my moden the site opens using fgmcc. When going through the router I have tired all the dns names and they all time out. When I do a ping test though the router I used the fgmcc URL and it went through my linksys router. The settings for the router is all default - the login pasword. I am hardwire and wireless connected to my router. Now it was fine up until 9 last night then it acted up. Right now I'm using me blackberry.