need your help!!

CrazyDavey

I think you would be right with many of the montes on the forum Tim, but since his is using a 26" tire, and also has a 3500 stall, that will make those 3.42's much more workable with the initial shot of the DP and at 3500 rpms, the venturi velocity of all 4 holes is much better than say off idle in a heavy car with highway gears and an 1800 stall. I think people dis the DP more than it needs to be dissed. VS carbs are also very good though, I ran one for many years on my car and it ran great too!

That's what Patrick said Scott, that most people don't realize how the DP's work with certain combo's. He said my combo should work great, he's built a ton of them, we'll see if he speaks the truth. Plus this is going on the Chevelle first, it's 3600 lbs with me in it.... grin

Not to hijack Dave's post here but shouldn't a dp work on my monte with the 2.73 gears and a 2500 stall? weight wise my comes in at 3850lbs without driver with driver 4050lbs.

The problem you may run into Robert is that with that low of a stall, and that high of gears, the engine is not going to want to rev very quickly, or very highly at first, so it has to deal with a double shot of squirter juice, and all 4 throttle blades opening at a lower rpm which leaves the boosters with a very weak signal causing it to bog until the rpms get higher. I would think a VS carb would be better here.

I'm waiting to hear back from Patrick. But if all less fails I might have to sale the 750hp dp frown. The 750 I'm running now is kinda like a hp carb as it has the rear metering block for the secondary side. The only difference is the vacunm pod and it having the choke which ain't hooked up. I like the way the hp dp looks without the choke horn and the vacunm pod. I guess we could use the 750hp dp on the El Camino since its a little lighter but it still has a 2.73 rear and running a stock turbo 400 converter

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte

Anybody know where to get a good cage???? grin

Is that cage for locking up your credit card?

Here is an option:

linky

Mark so true....16 digits is a curse, but I'm not getting any younger and they don't allow loose items like walkers in the car when you run.....that's the exact roll/cage system I'm looking at. You can start with the 8 point roll which will get you down to 11.00 and add on if you want to go lower. They're in Sactown, I could order one and you could drive it down here for me..... grin

I have a guy a mile away from me....here in Michigan lol

he did a awesome! job on my cage cool

well that would be a little far to go but did he build from scratch or put in a kit??? If he used a kit do you know which one Sam??

I have a 6pt..I guess if you count the bar that goes behind the the seat in the main hoop its a 8pt? Im good to 10.00 (plus all the regular safety equipment that is need below 11.49) you dont need a full cage until your 9.99 or faster

I have a 6pt..I guess if you count the bar that goes behind the the seat in the main hoop its a 8pt? Im good to 10.00 (plus all the regular safety equipment that is need below 11.49) you dont need a full cage until your 9.99 or faster

ditto

mine was built from scratch