A member has passed away..... George Lines

It is with a great heavy heart that i must announce the passing of our beloved George Lines. I just received the email from his daughter Gina. I am going to cut and paste a copy of it here, but will not include the email address for obvious reasons.

Hi,

My name is Gina Queral, my father was George Lines. Unfortunately my father

passed away before he was able to show his car for the first time at the

Silver Dollar Car Classic. My father was featured in Issue #27 May 2002

newsletter.

Although this is short notice if there are Sacramento members that knew my

father his service will be Saturday August 7, 2004 at 10:00 a.m. The

service will be held at St. Rose's church on Franklin Blve. in Sacramento

CA.

I could also use some help with finding the worth or his car. If there is

anyone within the club that could help me with that it would greatly

appreciated.

If you respond to this e-mail please include something in the Subject Window

indicating that you are from the club as I do not open e-mail if I do not

know who it is from.

Sincerely

Gina L. Queral

I never had the chance to meet George, but I knew him through this wonderful site, and club. He was a great asset to our family, and will be missed greatly by all of us.

I would like if possible for as many members from the area to please attend and express our feelings about George, and send our love and prayers to his family.

God speed George.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Georges Family and Friends,

My deepest and most heartfelt sympathies for you all. He was an inspiration to many and a friend of all. This will be a loss that all of us will feel. God speed to his family and friends he will be missed. If there is anything we can do please I insist that you to ask.

Alex

Wow am I ever shocked, he was one of the originals here, awesome guy, and to have this out of the blue, I don't know what to say, but at leasr he's having a good time (i hope) and looking down at us, RIP IN PEACE GEORGE and my feelings go out to the family fgmcc

My deepest sympathy goes out to George's family and friends. I too was totally shocked when I checked the site after work today. For someone I have never personally met, I still feel a very heartfelt loss myself. To me George was one of the main "answer" men on this site. His knowledge and love of his Monte has helped make this site what it is today. To all of you that knew him personally, I'm sure you have many great things to say about him. I just hope that George realized just how much help he was to many of us here, and we will miss him very much.

OMG!

Why does it always take the best of us away... frown

George was an asset to this board and he will surely be missed very much....

Every time that I complied the FGMCC garage for our newsletter, I remember saying to myself: "George has a good answer for any question".

My sympathy to all his friends and family!

I really liked George. His name stands out to me as one of the most genuine people. I never met him, but I felt like I knew him well. He did a lot for the club here, in many ways.

He made the removable headlight covers for the Coke Machine for me. He took all that time for me, even though he'd never met me; all the way across the country. I asked him how I could repay him. I believe he said something about just wanting a ride in it someday. frown

Wow being a new member here i havn't had the oppertunity to meet any of the seemingly great people here but me being From Sacramento i was really looking forward to meeting Mr.lines My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and loved ones

Manny Feliz

MontyMadMan

Oh, wow.

George was a great guy. I hung out with him in his garage on several occasions. He was always willing to share his know-how, and freely handed out whatever extra parts he had. I have one of his rear fender extensions on my car right now; my original had been poorly drilled for the SS trim. He wouldn't trade, and wouldn't take my money, either. He was that kind of guy.

George was the one that somehow managed to get all us Sacramento members together for a picnic a while back. That was the first time I met any of the local guys, and as usual, George was unable to bring his Monte because he was in the midst of doing major work on the car. He drove an old beat-up pickup;He knew his car wasn't ready, but arranged the picnic to meet the people.

He had just finished his car. He did all the fabricating and design work himself, and body and paint work as well. The first paint job wasn't as good as he had hoped, so he started over and did it again. It turned out to be a very well done pro-street Monte built to be driven.

George and I had planned to caravan up to the Western meet together. I waited at the gas station for several hours and eventually had to leave without him. I had a heavy heart the entire weekend thinking maybe he needed my help. (gulp)

I will miss him terribly.

George was planning on attending the Western Meet in Carson City, NV last weekend and we were all looking forward to meeting him there. There were several times throughout the course of the weekend where we mentioned him, wished that he was there with us and hoped that everything was alright for him. Now we know why he wasn't there. frown

Last summer George was hoping to make a trip up to the northwest and there was a possibility that he would be able to meet up with me at a July show that I like to attend - the "Run to the Rock" down in Castle Rock, WA. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for him to make that trip and so I was really looking forward to meeting him down in Carson City.

Thanks for posting the message from his daughter, Pete. We have lost a wonderful FGMCC family member, and I am saddened to hear of George's passing. His good nature, helpfulness and humor was appreciated by all of us, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Goodbye, George. We miss you.

Dave

if you don't mind me asking.. What happened?

I never met George myself.. but he helped me out a bunch too...

Kevin.. just tape a picture of george to the dash the first time ya race it.. I'm sure he'll understand smile

I'm blown away!!

My deppest condolences to family and friends,you'll

be missed bro !! cry

We all wondered at the Western meet why George had'nt showed ,his last post gave the inclination

that he was coming. I certainly was looking forward to meeting him,I guess is not to be. Gina I'm sorry

and my warmest thoughts and prayers go to your family.

Rod

I also wish to extend a wish of sympathy from myself and my family. I agree with everyone else that George was an asset to this club and website with all his knowledge on the First Generation Monte Carlo. George was always willing to offer his help.

Our prayers are with George and his family.

Pete I hope you see this because I would like to know if there is any possibility of the club sending flowers to the family or funeral home? I would be more than happy to make a donation toward the flowers.

God Bless.

Rob.

WOW!! Sorry to hear this bad news. Looked to reading his posts or replies. He seemed to be full of knowledge. I'm sure he will looking down on all of you at your meets. He will be missed.

It is amazing how the loss of someone I never met can feel so bad. Like so many of you, I also extend my sympathies to George's family and will miss the good advice and comments that he has contributed to this club. How about a special tribute to George on the front page?

We are so sorry to hear this. When we put out the "call" for air conditioning parts this spring, George answered. We enjoyed dealing with him. We were looking forward sharing stories of our finished Montes, as he was working on his also. Our deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

My first memories of this club were Kevin Pete and then George. I read many of his comments and replies that he offered. A few email he sent me. He will for sure be sadly missed. I pray that that God sends The Comfertor to be with his family and close friends. George you got the checker flag its now time to go home buddy.

*pauses*

*sits in silence*

I'm stunned.

Thoughts/prayers/well wishes to George's family.

As most of you know, I make it a mission of sorts to meet as many members as I possibly can...from this group/club/board as well as many others.

George is one of those that I really wanted to meet. Why? That's easy. In George's written words, posted 12-18-2002 09:33 PM:

"I have a mechanical heart valve. Some people claim that they can hear it clicking. Sure glad I have bad hearing, because the clicking would drive me loony(ier) when I try to go ths sleep. I had a somewhat difficult time recovering after the operation the operation until my Dr. got my medication adjusted properly. Now they say that I'm living proof that a person can go through major life threatning problems and recover to live an active life. There are certain medications that I will have to take for the rest of my days, but that is not a problem. I was always sick before, but doing quite well now. Even my type 2 diabetes is under good control. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND GET WELL SOON."

That quote is George's response to my announcement of my then upcoming open-heart surgery, http://www.firstgenmc.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001869

You see, George and I had something more than just the 1st gen MC in common ... open heart surgery.

George...I know you are reading this buddy...we will all miss you.

*sits in stunned silence*

Cort, "Mr MC"/"Mr Road Trip"/"The Uniter", 30swm/pig valve/pacemaker

'72/'76/'79/'81/'87 & train & models = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Spotting MCs = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html

George was one of the members I was really looking forward to meeting in the Carson City meet last week. When he didn't show and we didn't hear anything from him, I was worried that something had happenned to him since he was so excited about coming. I had just hoped my thought wasn't a reality.

If we can get some photos of George himself and his finished Monte, We can make a tribute for him on the main page.

I too am very sorry to hear about this loss. My deepest sympathies go out to all his family and friends also. I have not been a member very long but do know I saw his name on many postings and he seemed to have much knowledge about our beloved Montes.

God Bless,

Ed

Pete,

I also think it would be a good idea,if possible,to send fowers. Let me know and I'll contribute money towards them. After all, he was FGMCC family and we need to let his family know how much he really meant to us.

Always thinking of him,

Les

i dont sometimes know what to say ,i talked to George just a few days ago and sent him some parts he was looking foreward to the western meet , i am deeply saddened , he really loved his cars and this club ,Pete i will contact you and let me know if we can as a club do something for his family as this must be a great loss for them as it is for this club

Leo

I too am stunned and deeply saddened by George's passing! Our deepest sympathies to the family and to all of George's friends. You will all be in our prayers.

Don & Roberta Rice