A member has passed away..... George Lines

Rob, sorry i could not stay on the phone last night, give me a call tonight if possible.

Everyone, after i made this post i immediately went into the moderator forum, and stated that i wanted to see a tribute made to George. I am happy to say that it in progress, and even has started on the main page for the site. There will be more, but it is bound to take a bit of time, but will be completed as fast as possible.

I will always remember George for his kindness he had expressed here, and all the good things he had done. I will miss him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, I'm stunned. I really don't know what to say other than, my families deepest simpathy offered to his. I did'nt know George very well, but I can remember a few times he offered advice on certain problems and that was and is greatly appritiated, thanks George. This is truly a bummer.

Jon.

Wow! I was going to try to make it to the western meet and when I realized my latest project would not be done in time he said I could go up with him. I am totally shocked. He came by the house just a couple of weeks ago to show me his Monte. It is the first time I saw it outside of his garage. It's just too bad he didn't get alot of time here to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

He was always lending a helping hand with the odd Monte project like disassembling my remote mirror so that it could be rechromed and them helping me put the mechanical linkage back in working shape.

Good-bye George - you will be missed!

Mark

I am very sorry to hear this.May GOD be with George and his family. He seemed like a great guy all ways willing to help everyone. I will miss him being here. cry

Roman!!! frown( we will miss you George)

Well George,

you may have won the race to the pearly gates; but hopefully someday we will be able to do a quarter mile run. Thank you Lord, for watching over George.

ADGTrunklid

Wow. It's hard to imagine the message board without George's input. frown Having never met him, I will nevertheless miss him. My deepest condolences to his family.

Jim

I am very sorry to read about George. Although I never met him personally, I, as we all, certainly benefitted from his advice and guidance on this message board. He was one of the originals on here who really helped advance the hobby and cause.

George will be missed.

I think the responses posted here say as much about the club, as they say about George. I'm so glad I'm a part of somthing as wonderful as this. God speed George cry

I'm stunned ...

Like others I didn't have the honor to meet George, but besides being a frequent advisor on the boards I see he was a heart of gold when it came to a member needing a helping hand. I'm very sad to hear these news.

My sympathy and best wishes to his family and friends.

Dave

Thanks for puting up his "Monte of the Month" description. It kinda brought back memmories of when I first came around the club. I remember reading his description with some enthusiasm because at the time I was looking for something to do to my car. I remember thinking at the time of what a cool ride that was. Not to mention not thinking it looked all that bad as far as the body goes. This really saddens me.... It realy did'nt hit home until I seen the main page.

Jon.

So sorry to hear the sad news about George. Although I have never met him it was a joy to read his replies to members questions. He surely expressed alot of knowledge about motors and the FGMC. He will be missed and only through the passing of time will this be accepted by family and friends. God bless George and his family.

So sorry to hear the sad news about George. Although I have never met him it was a joy to read his replies to members questions. He surely expressed alot of knowledge about motors and the FGMC. He will be missed and only through the passing of time will this be accepted by family and friends. God bless George and his family.

nicely put. i second that.

Quote:
Originally posted by BA71SS:

nicely put. i second that.
Me too. I've been trying to think of what to say and someone else put it perfectly.

Mickey

To the Lines family

May God provide comfort for you during this time of great sadness and loss. Remember that one day you will be reunited with George and what a wonderful and glorious day that will be!

You are in my prayers.

David

Hey Hey

This is hard for me I hate it when we loose someone we care for I don't know what to say and I am think I might say the wrong thing so I don't all I will say is God bless George we will miss you

Dave

Apparently there was a member at the services that was talking to Georges son about the Monte Carlo, I need to speak with this member A.S.A.P. So please email me. This concerns Georges wishes.

Also note I do have an address for Georges daughter Gina, I wont post it on the board so please drop me an email if you wish to send a card and she will see to it that the entire family see's them.

WOW, I'm stunned!

I haven't been here for a few days, and I come back to hear this TERRIBLE news.

I am very sorry to hear what happened. George will be missed greatly...

Ben N

I just noticed the "We miss you George" at the top of the page. I can't tell you how touching I find that to be.

George had some good friends.

I just noticed the "We miss you George" at the top of the page. I can't tell you how touching I find that to be.

George had some good friends.

I added that last night.