Sign in to follow this  
Andy's Auto

My Name Is Earl

You know you are getting old when you start collecting the signifigant cars of your youth.

Back in 1985 I was 14 years old. Went cruising on a Saturday night in his brothers 1976 Elcamino. Got in a crash with Eric driving who was 15 at the time. I wound up taking the ticket as he had a..... issue with giving his real name. Fast foward a year and I could not get my full license until I was 16 because of it.

Fast forward around 25 years or so. Eric calls me on Monday to say there was a 76 for sale a few miles from my shop.

I look, I buy. A real SS for whatever it was worth in 76. But she does sport her matching numbers 400 SB and is largely unmolested. Shee needs roofrail strips, carpet, and fuzzies. The air is cold the heat works as does the AM/FM/ 8 track. I need an tape other than Supertramp though.

Whatdya think?

ElCamino001.jpg

ElCamino002.jpg

And if you ever wondered how big Phil is getting.

ElCamino004.jpg

Andy

Guest 72yellowmc,Robyn

I always liked those cars / trucks ... love it... smile

Nice purchase. During my college years and my H.S. buddy's military years, we would smoke/eat up insurance purchased tires(10 bucks a piece) in his 76' monte. Enjoy Andy. - Dave

Another nice auto for your stable...happy0034.gif

Very sharp Andy! When I took driver's ed in 1976, I was the first student to drive the 1976 Malibu Classic. Loved that car!

Nice looking car Andy, looks like a very nice addition to your signature list!

You have a heck of a stable

Nice one. Those were never my favorite Elkys but they're growing on me more and more especially the SS and Laguna versions.

Looks good Andy, once in a while I think about my 1978 Cougar.

Looks good Andy, once in a while I think about my 1978 Cougar.

sorry about the flashbacks Phil...

Andy...looks like it'll take a 250 shot to me.... grin

Nice car I had a 76 Malibu in high school. We did alot of illegal thinks in that car and went through alot of tires. Iwas known for doing Funnycar style burnouts. The one car I never had any issue out of the trans or engine kinda wish I would have kept it.

Nice, Andy, I like. I had a '74 all black El Camino I I purchased new. Put one of the fast back style fiberglass caps (came off the roof & covered the top of the bed, did not ruin the body style) on right after I bouth the truck. Boy, it looked nice when I had it all waxed. Turned the ww tires inside out to blackwall. Nice find for you, enjouy.....

Guest knightfan2691

Wow, Andy ... nice El Camino ... Congratulations!

In case you haven't already, you might check these pages:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/elky/Welcome.html

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrek.Aug2010 *

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun" ... John Denver ... 'Grandma's Feather Bed'

My buddy has a purple one like that, it's a screamer! (and scary to be in...) Looks good to me!

And d@mn Phils' getting big!

Sign in to follow this