Sign in to follow this  
TN454Monte

Lost my buddy....

Kara and I lost one of our dogs today. Abby, she is the yellow lab mix in my avatar. She was 7, and until this.. the picture of health so were pretty much in shock right now I guess...

We never saw it coming, she came down sick Friday night vomiting and having problems breathing, we got her in to the vet the next morning and she seemed to start recovering yesterday when Kara went to see her she was able to lift her head and wag her tail, but sometime last night after the vet staff went home...she took a bad turn and she passed away.

We don't know exactly what happened, the Vet has said it might be Leptropiosis, a bacterial thing they can pick up from wild life such as deer and raccoons. Where we live there isn't any shortage of those type of critters roaming around so I guess it makes sense.

Anyhow, just hope others can join me and wish Abby fair winds and following seas...she was a super dog and a real buddy, she'll be deeply missed.

very sorry to hear that Greg. Been though that a few times and it never gets easier......

Sorry to hear that Greg, dogs have always been in my family, and they are considered family. It is a very hard thing to lose an unconditional friend like that

Greg & Kara - It is devastating to lose such an incredible part of our family - I know what it is like to be hit with such an unexpected loss..... frown

Greg, sorry for your loss. We lost 2 Cocker Spaniels and know how you feel. They are your "kids".

Thanks Allan, Davey, Capri, Tony, Tim, she was a great companion and yes ..part of the family.

Your kind words sure mean a lot to Kara and I, thanks.

Sorry for your loss. Animals become part of the family and can cause the same grief when they pass. I've been there before and know the sense of emptiness you must be feeling. Our thoughts are with you.

Steve

Arggh...I hate that. I feel so sorry for your loss.

I have been there, and it's not easy. I love my dog and without a doubt, he follows direction beter than my kids.

Hold her dear in your heart.

Greg and Kara,

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of "My Buddy". I so know what you are talking about when you say you lost your Buddy. Like others here, we have been through it with a number of dogs and it is never easy when the end comes for them. You always say you won't get attached to another dog or for some a cat like that again but you just lie to yourself when you say that because they have a way of crawling inside your heart and inside your head and staying there for life.

I think Mark said it best in his above post when he said.... "Hold her dear in your heart".

rob

Our thoughs are with you and Kara. Like

Greg & Kara - It is devastating to lose such an incredible part of our family - I know what it is like to be hit with such an unexpected loss..... frown
me jackie lost our baby girl a year ago.siberian huskie like caps and family had i feel your alls pain.sorry for your loss.

Sorry Greg and Kara, losing a pet is pretty rough.

Sorry to hear this Greg. Deanna and I are dog lovers also. We have lost two labs. Our first lab had kidney failure and our other had seisure problems. Animals are a part of your family. Our condolences to you and your family

Guest 72yellowmc,Robyn

sorry for your loss Greg .... we have lost several pets over the years and it's tough ... condolences to you and your family.

Greg, sorry for your loss. We lost 2 Cocker Spaniels and know how you feel. They are your "kids".

my mom has 4 cavalier king charles spaniels... she calls them her kids too..

Greg.. sorry for your loss.. it hurts to loose a pet.. been there too!

So sorry to hear that, I feel for you.

It took me 25 years to finally buy another puppy (which was just this past Friday, picking him up April 10th) after my last dog got hit by a car right in front of me...absolutely devastating.

So sorry to hear that, I feel for you.

It took me 25 years to finally buy another puppy (which was just this past Friday, picking him up April 10th) after my last dog got hit by a car right in front of me...absolutely devastating.

Aw Bill, that's got to be tough, I'm sorry , but congrats are in order too on the new puppy!! Make sure you send us some pictures!!

What a bummer. Saddens me to think of the feelings you guys are

having.

sorry for your loss,gosh these pets become one of your children and its a sad day when they pass. Wait a little while and get another one, you wont regret it, Ron

Sorry for your loss,Greg,I know how much this hurts.I went through this a while ago with my little Maya.It still hurts.

Guest knightfan2691

Aye ... very sorry Greg.

frown

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrek.Aug2010 *

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Who's gonna hold me tonight?" ... Trace Adkins ... 'Help Me Understand'

So sorry for your loss. It is so hard when you lose a pet. Amazing how close you become attached to them.

Sign in to follow this