Sign in to follow this  
N1RND

New member saying hello.

Hello Everyone.

New member here, but I have been looking at the forums for a while now. I purchased a '72 in april of 08. The previous owner began restoring it and ran out of money, time, and space. He had new 1/4 skins, balance panel, and outer wheel houses done. The vinyl top and paint stripped.

So far I have removed the front clip, interior, gas tank, and freed-up the body mounts.

I have tons of questions but will control myself not "hog" the forum. LOL. Seems to be a great bunch of people here.

Thanks

Dave

sign0016.gif

Don't worry about hogging the forum, it's not really a busy site and we (the regulars here) need something to do so ask away... laugh

Welcome to the FGMCC Madness! As Allan said we need pictures to survive! grin

Hi guys and thanks for the warm welcome. I wish I had taken pictures the day it came off the ramp truck. I do have pictures of it in various stages of disassembly and I'll get some on here soon.

By the way 502ci, what is the color of your car? Is it 1967 GM Royal Plum?

By the way 502ci, what is the color of your car? Is it 1967 GM Royal Plum?

Back in 1983 I went to new car dealerships looking for colors to paint my car...found one at a Buick dealership. I can not remember the color name as it was 27 years ago but it is some type of burgundy.

I had thought of doing the same thing. I can just imagine the reaction I'll get from some sales people when they find out your not interested in buying a car, just getting color codes from them.

I had thought of doing the same thing. I can just imagine the reaction I'll get from some sales people when they find out your not interested in buying a car, just getting color codes from them.

You know what, I thought the same thing when my Dad and I were doing it, we were trying to figure out how we were gonna get the code without having to trick the poor salesman...we decided to be sraight forward and tell him what we were after...he was happy to help us and got us the info we were after... smile

Dave, welcome to the forum. Lots of good people here and lots of good info. Good luck with your project.

Welcome to the boards! Ask away, & You'll soon find out there's a lot of knowledge out there from the folks on this site.

Welcome Dave

This is a great site and a great group of members. They've help me so much over the past three years.

Guest 72yellowmc,Robyn

Welcome Dave !!!

Welcome from a fellow New Englander

Welcome to the site, dont fear "Hogging" the forums, the gang here loves questions and pictures!

You wont find a friendlier bunch anywhere.

Hope to see more of you around!

Welcome to the madness and congrats on picking the best year in the 72!

Welcome to the Madness we call the FGMCC!

Just in case nobody told you...We love pictures!!! lol

n1rnd...n1rnd... de kc8oye

now you guys are really in trouble.. there are two hams here now smile

Sign in to follow this