ss emblem placement question

Kevin Wiles

on the back (below trunk) of a 71 SS, does the Monte carlo emblem mount in the same exact location as a Non-SS monte? and does the SS emblem by any chance go in the same holes as the "by chevrolet" emblem from a non-ss?

If i had to guess i'd say same holes for the monte emblem but different for the ss emblem. am I right?

Yes...the "SS" goes in the same holes as the "by Chevrolet" for a 1971. From what I've been told, the holes on a 1970 may not be the same. I think the "by chevrolet" is specific for each year. I checked the Yearone catalogue and they list separate part numbers for each year.

Steve

I put my SS emblems on the rear of my 71 and the trim I got from larry an it looks great. I used all the factory holes for the original emblems. Did find a 1/8th inch of bondo back there, but hey, they are all beaters.

Andy

I put my SS emblems on the rear of my 71 and the trim I got from larry an it looks great. I used all the factory holes for the original emblems. Did find a 1/8th inch of bondo back there, but hey, they are all beaters.

Andy

It'll just be easier to pull the front wheels Andy..... crazy

PLEASE GUYS......

It's 52.1716 Millimetres.

ah-hum... no we are in America (most of us) these cars were built using inches...not millimeters (unlike the new cars) using millimeters when talking about a first gen is blasphemy