Shifter

Chevyss

Does anyone have the Quarter-Stick shifter made by Hurst??

We are installing it in the Monte next week. It's a reverse pattern and need to check out any secrets to the install and the pattern. I know practice.

I have a Hurst but not that one Royce. Don't think there are any secrets, just follow the instructions, that's all I did and it works great....some guys do make pedestals for them though but I just put mine on the floor..Davey

the pedestal is kinda like this...a friends car....

Passengerside.jpg

I can't remember did your car have a center console before?

I don't have that type of shifter myself so the only advice I could give you is on the location of it...don't have them install it too far forward...sit in the car and practice a full comfortable range of "your" arms motion before they permantly mount it.

We have that tunnel hump in our cars that jumps up quickly at a steep angle so the back of the shifters bottom may have to be elevated with some fabrication. I have mine located pretty far back mounted completely on the lower part of the hump and don't have to move my body at all just my arm to go through a full range of the tranny's gears.

Thanks Bill and Davey. I will do the sitting in the car and get adjusted to fit me. No my car is a bench seat car. May to buckets later. Or maybe just one seat. Will keep you posted on the progress next week.