Sign in to follow this  
Canuck

George Lines' 1970 Monte Carlo

Georges 1970 Monte will be the Monte of the Month for one last time in October. Check it out here:

Home Page

If you wish to read comments about George from other club members, Click Here

Man! What an awesome Monte. I had no idea he had put that kind of work into that car. Very nice to see it as MOTM. Brings tears to my eyes.

Mickey

Man! What an awesome Monte. I had no idea he had put that kind of work into that car. Very nice to see it as MOTM. Brings tears to my eyes.

Ditto.

Still can't believe he is no longer with us...I keep thinking I'll see him post....

I'm glad his car is MOTM for October.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker

'72/'6/'9/'81/'7, train/models = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html

My wife Janet (Mrs4fifty4) and I both briefly viewed the main page photo yesterday, and we both said "Wowwww..." at the same time! George did good! I sure wish that he would have been able to debut his Monte at the Western Meet. I really miss him here on the boards. frown

Dave

What a beautiful car, it looks like a real hauler with those pipes out the back. What a shame that George put all that time and energy into his car and didn't really get to enjoy it. At least he saw it finished.

Steve

Georges' car has a new home now. We tried to keep it in our family, but they decided to keep it in THEIR family. lol

Here is the message I received:

Hi Mark,

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for all the help you have offered me. It has

been a blessing to have someone help me with my dad's car.

A family member called today wanting to buy the car. After careful thought

and consideration we decided to go with the familiy member. This will keep

the car in CA and allow us to see it in shows. I did ask my cousin to go to

the car club if he decides in the future to sell the car but I will have no

control over that.

I hope that I have not caused you or any member of the car club any

inconvience. It has been a blessing to many family members to see the

outpouring of affection and all the wonderful things the club has said about

my dad. It helped us begin the healing process of losing a father, son,

brother, and uncle. Please share with the club members what their warm

thoughts have meant to us.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE TO HELP ME WITH THE MONTE.

Gina

Mark,

That is really great that they are able to keep the car in their family. I hope they give the family member the link to our web site. It would be great to have a family member of George joining us here in the club and to keep his car in our club family. Mark, I also want to thank you for your assistance to the Lines' family. I know from chatting with you that it wasn't an easy process for you to handle but it was the right thing for a member here to do. If you feel you can mention it to the family, please ask them to tell the family member who is buying the car about his extended family here.

Rob

Thanks for sharing Gina's message with us, Mark. That's great that they're able to keep George's car in their family and will continue to be able to see it on occasion.

My dad passed away in '96, and last week I attended the funeral of a family friend of ours that we have known since the summer of '67. Having known this wonderful man since I was only four, he seemed like an uncle to me and was of special comfort to me when my dad passed away. Losing my dad was the hardest thing that I've ever gone through - even though I believe that he's in a better place - so I am pleased to know that this club and its members have been a blessing to Gina and other members of George's family through the outpouring of affection and all the nice things that have been said about George. Having "been there" myself, reading what she had to say brought tears to my eyes.

I would also like to echo what Rob has said above.

Well done, my friends.

Dave

Sign in to follow this