A few pics from EM Drag Racing - more to come!

Capri's 71 SS

Mine flew out the window on the way back to the hotel. It was the strangest thing smirk . I can tell you this, it wasn't pretty. My 1/8 mile times at this track were a full second slower than at my home track cry . I will give no excuses except I blew. - Dave

Where are the timeslips??

My best was "slightly" slower than my normal, it was an 11.89 at 112...even my mph was slower... crazy

Well, like I told Carl, Mike, Bill, and Greg, off the line I would spin and grab, spin and grab until it would go. 60' times were rotten. Also, for some reason I was not very focused at the tree. I think the pillow behind my head fell which woke me up on the first run.

In my young drag racing career(still felt like a track virgin), on my third run I got squirrelly midway down the track. Hadn't ever experienced that before and I was still in the groove. - Dave

Having never raced 1/4 (plenty of 1/8th), best was 14.01 99.2mph. Dang that was after a jet change but not enough time to change again to get into the 13's and over 100!!!!

Had a blast (even with a brain f$#t of starting my burnout in the water box-what a rookie mistake!?!)

Carl

Looks like fun but sounds like the track wasn't prep'd properly.....wish I was there!!!

Steve

I can't complain, I had perfect traction with no wheel spin... smile

I would have said Dave and Carl had horse crap on their tires (litterly) and had bad traction but they changed them when they got there... laugh

Yea, we drove through enough of it on the way to the track didn't we shocked ? Talk about emissions issues, those horses we doing their business everywhere grin . - Dave