Anyone weigh their monte ?

speedfreak71

My 71 is a fatty. 4260 with me in it. Four rolls of Fatmat, a/c, power windows, locks, iron headed big block. And I just added two Audiobahn 12s in a bandpass box with three amps/ Easily 4400 pounds now. I tip the scales right at 300 pounds.

Andy

700 pounds is a big difference!

We have a range from Steve's 3700 lbs to Andy's 4400.

Andy, are you sure you don't have an extra engine laying in the trunk?

i would love to know what the coke machine weighs.... it has a massive roll cage, but no front inner fenders, no heater, no air, a basically gutten interior, a fabbed dash.

My fairmont though, it'll weigh in at a compact 2800 lbs when i'm finished with it.

3700 lbs is not with me in it or my 50lbs of stuff in the trunk. My car is a iron headed small block with all the AC in place. with me and my junk the scales were an even 4000lbs The scales round up to the closest 50lbs so give or take a bit. But cool seeing what everybody else had. Thanks for the reply's smile

3530 @ Super chevy w/o me in it. That was before Steve ripped out my A/C and did the plastic delete cover...Im sure all the a/c stuff was about 15-20lbs.. I was surprised. Between the glass hood, alum.heads/intake and wheels she lightened up some.

4,020 lbs on CAT truck scales.. with my FatAss in it.

so somewhere around 3700 for me with an iron headed small block.

i had a TH350 trans at the time.. might be a little more now with the 700r4

Just weighed her a week ago. Wanted to see how much weight she gained with all A/C components, stereo w/ amp and more fatmat.

4100 with me (160#) and 1/2 tank of gas

S/B with iron vortec heads, rally wheels

Carl

Funny the metal recyclers scale is light!

It weighs light on their way in and heavy on the way out. whistle Got to make money somehow. wink j/k. When I worked there we used these big weights to make sure it was pretty acurate. It does weigh in 20 lb incriments though so its not dead on acurate. at 3540 I could be between 3521 and 3540. I want to find another scale because that seems light to me also. crazy

i trust the CAT truck scales, because they have a garuntee that if their scales say your weight is good, and you (as a truck driver) get busted by the DOT for being over weight, they will pay the fines..so I'm ASSuming they'd be pretty particular that they are right!