Case Fans

monte70car

I had one of my case fans go out last night and I know it not working is a good thing. I did have a 80mm fan laying around but its a little smaller then the org. fan how much air am I going to see out of this 80mm compare to the 90mm which was in it? The fan is a side exhaust fan to help get the heat out of the case that the 120mm in back don't. It's a 9 year old case with a 08 interior rework from power supply to mother board and video card. It's everyday with no computer games played on it.

I though the side fan was an exhaust as well as the rear fan as its always blow air out of the case nutz . The cpu is not in line with the side fan opening its down just a little. The power supply fan is pulling out alot of hot air compare to the rear fan. Looks like the rear fan is blown air into the case instead of pulling it out so back apart it comes. case that's the case I'm running Allan.

Yeah there is one in the front, in front of the hdd's its a 120mm then the one that was on the side was a 90mm and then another 120mm at the rear. I went and changed the rear fan so its bowling out and the 80mm replacement bowling in and the ram gauge dropped from 41% to 31% with my web cam off.

I have almost the identical one you have. Mine is a Soprano case though I have 2 case fans on the side. I have the front fan infront of the harddrives blowing in, the upper window fan blowing in and the lower blowing out. Rear out as well as the power supply. All are 120.

22-11-07_2358.jpg

90 to 80 you probably wont notice too much of a difference unless the fan speeds are high. Go to 120mm and you should notice a difference on volume of air moved. If you can go with double ball bearing fans. They have the longest life and are still quiet. I`m an avid PC gamer so I play around with my stuff a lot. If funds allow I plan on building a 3rd computer with core i7 components. Just as addicting as car parts. laugh

If you have a stock cpu heatsink then Allan is right to have the side case fan to blow into the case on the heatsink.

The only issue with going to a 120mm is making the hold on the side bigger. The one that went dead was a brushless fan. Right my funds ain't there to do any chances to my tower until I can get the funds I'm stuck with the 80mm fan.