Ferndale, WA - Another fun FGMCC mini meet

Canuck

The meet we had in Ferndale on the weekend was a lot of fun. Although several people who originally planned to attend could not come for various reasons, we still had 7 Montes there.

The free camping aspect of the event is great. Most of us were in tents. Jake and Deb brought their motohome and a bunch of goodies (tables, BBQ, EZup, etc) which makes it easier for cooking and such. The motorhome came in handy on Saturday night when the mutant mosquitos were out in big numbers. These things were immune to any spray, wipe or candle we threw at them. It was funny watching Mark and Jake eat their steaks while walking around the park avoiding mosquitos.

I have to thank Deb for buying food for all of us and cooking all weekend. I think you should keep her, Jake. grin

Jeff (Judge) received the best craftsmanship award for his LS1 powered 71 Monte. I received the Best Observer award for getting the most right answers on the poker run/rally but I have to give credit to Mark (MGD72Monte) and Jeff for being my eyes while I was driving.

My 5 hour drive there and back was uneventful which is good. The 70 Monte worked really well even in the hot tempuratures.

Thanks to everyone who attended. As usual, it was great to catch up with old friends and meet new members. The people in this club are great.

I will post some photos this evening.

fgmcc

Dan Marsh and his wife Pearl surprised us when they showed up for

a nice visit Sat afternoon. I have some pics I will share later, I

am in the middle of malware removal, thanks Deb...

I have to give a shout out to Deb too, she did a lot to keep the

Monte clan fed WELL.

Great to meet and catchup with folks.

Yep It was a lot of fun! Big Kudos to Deb She A ton of cooking work and such to make things go all smoothly. It was Fun till the last night when I screwed something in my trans. The car got me home but so has some bad a** sounds coming from the transmission Ill have to look at it later this week, just dont have time What ever it was it made a awful squeal wine type sound just before I was shifting from 2nd to 3rd It could be torque converter or bearings or worse. It did however make the drive without incident from Ferndale back to Vancouver Canada. When I got into town and was stopping at light the shifts felt sluggish and it had a very soft rattling sound. Anyway the Best workmanship award made me feel good. And I must say the company in this club are all great people and fun to be around. My wife and I fell in love with Deb and Jake's two white boxer dogs, I could not give those dogs enough attention They were fantastic my camera is full of Dog photos from the weekend not cars believe it or not. I think Jake and Aaron should post some picks as they took some photos of the cars and all of us I think and their cameras are way better than mine. I know that Bills (pocobill) car was acting up as well with carb issues so we had two vehicles that had issues but hey, that's hotrodding for ya. Thanks for a great weekend everyone! Jjs

what can i say that hasent been said already, great group of people to hang out and enjoy the weekend.Very big thank you to Deb and Jake for the grub and the use of their Mobile home base.

As far as the mosquitos go they were as big as Monte's ok to tell the truth, they were as big as Chevelles.

Fun times,great people,looking forward to next year...

Bill

You guys rock out west!! Wish us easterners could plan camping weekends together! What fun!!!! I am so jealous!

Great pics, Aaron!!

Nice pics Aaron. I should be able to post the pics I took soon.

Removed 12 infections and the last scan was clean.

Sure wish I could have been there. For whatever reason it wasn't meant to be. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Nice pics Aaron, looking forward to seeing yours Jake. cool I got a month to get ready for The Dalles. If I miss that one then the Montes for sale. eek Cheep!! crazy

Yeah, I sure wish you could have been there Chris. As for the Western Meet, whether your car is ready or not we are dragging you there. smile

Had a great time, nice to meet all of you. With my long way around the western part of the state to get there I clocked in over 550 miles round trip plus a first trip across a ferry for the Monte. Met a lot of nice people camping and travelling along the way. Not a drop of rain and the old girl ran smooth the whole time, attracting attention wherever we stopped. Will have to look into some oil consumption and possible coolant disapearance though. Glad to see everybody made it back home in spite of some possible mechanical issues.

Thanks for posting the pictures Aaron and can't thank Jake and especially Deb enough for running an efficient HQ and providing some key logistics and shelter from those ferocious mosquitoes!

We had a great time as we'll. looking forward to next year and hopefully spend more than a day. It was nice to meet new people and see the people we have already met. I took some pictures as well and will try to post them later.

We may end up doing it again next year. That will all depend on the timing and location of the 2011 Western Meet and any other mini-meets planned. smile