Tube Frame

ejw71

I think the Rodster Shop makes a frame for the chevelle. Have not seen any that make one for the Monte, but I think the Rodster Shop will custom make one.

I don't have an answer for you but I kick myself everytime someone mentions a tube frame Monte...I had the chance to buy one at a Super Chevy show that just needed the panels and interior put back in/on...super cheap too... frown

I called Art Morrison a while back and checked with him about a back 1/2 car. He quoted me $12,000+. This was rolling out of the trailer finished and rolling back in the trailer with cage, back half and ready to run. Come on lotto.

• 5 years later...

I know this an old post, but I'm new and "catching up". :). While that chassis is cool and the price is great, I wouldn't personally build a chassis from ews (electric welded seam) tubing. This is due to the fact that it can potentially split at the welded seam, especially if the seam is not placed on the inside of bends (then it's pretty much guaranteed to split). I would only use DOM (drawn over mandrel - this has no seam) for a chassis. If I was building something non structural that I wasn't relying on to save my life, then ews is fine and less expensive to boot. Just something to keep in mind for anyone down the road that may find this.