New Best last night

CrazyDavey

Went to San Diego (Barona) last night for some 1/8th mile testing. Was trying out some new front suspension mods. My last run was all new best times for the 1/8th in the old Velle. Humidity was 80% and the DA was 3205, four runs all within .05 of each other

ET 6.64

MPH 104.09

60' 1.48 (had 2 of 'em)

woo hoo

Barona_7-24-10.jpg

crazy

Awesome pic, saved it in my pics. Can't say anything good about the humidity sick but you still had some sweet times cool. Like Mike said, nice 60 foot times. - Dave

thanks guys, the car felt really, really good. All the suspension changes seem like they have all just come together now. I knew on the first pass things were different. Yes Bill, I think I've finally gotten everything all squared up.

I don't have a vid of that run but here is the one before....

grin

Dave, that is awesome, and that picture is great and shows just how perfectly you have that suspension set on launch! There may be 1" difference between right and left front tires, that is AWESOME! Congrats!

So what is the biggest thing you did that gave you the most?

Boy that's a tough question Steve, so many things are related or depend on something else working. You can add power but if you don't have the suspension it's useless. If you don't pay attention to the vitals (like the rest of the drivetrain, ignition, cooling, fuel system etc.) then things go wrong or can't work.

I guess right now the 2 biggest things for power would be the Prosystems carb (which is somewhat dependent on what you had) and the latest heads/cam swap. Between those two I would say the heads/cam really unleashed the motor big time. So far in bad air it's picked up a half second and 6 mph on average and I think it will be more when the fall air gets here.... Davey

I love when Davey writes about his racing. Blood just gets to pumping. Can't wait for the bence racing at the WM. It's going to be a riot. I'm looking forward to watching Davey race at The DallesPort race way.