Pro-Touring '72

quarterbooty

13 hours ago, YoungMonte said:

Those rims and tire combo looks SIC!!!! What backspacing did you go with so they didn't rub?

The fronts are 18x9 with 5.5" of backspace. The tire is a Bridgestone Potenza S04 (UTQG 280) 255/40/18. This is an inch wider wheel than I was running before.

The rears are 19x10 with 5.5" of backspace. Tire size is 285/35/19, which is an inch larger in diameter than my previous setup. I increased the diameter for tire selection and aesthetic reasons.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for replying.  It's been awhile since I've dropped in and even longer since I've made an update.  The car has been through a number of significant changes to the car since the last update.  I had a cracked sleeve in the factory LS7 block and ended up redoing most of the engine.  The short block was replaced with an ERL dry-sleeved LS2 block with a Callies crank and rods and Wiseco pistons.  Heads are PRC LS7 265s with titanium intake valves and solid stainless steel exhaust valves.  The compression ratio increased to 11.5:1, and displacement remains 427 ci.  The intake was changed to a FAST LSXr 102.

20210518205130-b25b91a2-xl.jpg

Last fall I incorporated two C6 fan modules for PMW control.  Fan speed is coolant temperature dependent and AC discharge pressure dependent.  This spring I swapped the factory gauge cluster for a set of Dakota Digital RTX gauges.  I wanted to keep a factory appearance and finally get rid of the column mounted tach setup.  The gauges integrate nicely with the Holley ECU without any new sending units.  I mounted the control modules under the dash pad on top of the glovebox. 

20210518204349-0d3a3bd0-xl.jpg

Test ride before putting everything back together:

20210518204403-3c334e49-xl.jpg

• 1 year later...

The DSE coil over bracket ties into the existing shock mount; the mount is not modified. I believe many of the aftermarket coil over setups are similar. The coil spring perches don’t have to be removed unless you want to clean things up.