Back from The Dalles

Montecruiser

Just got home a little while ago from the Western Meet. I had a great time at my first Western Meet and really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing members I have already met. Everyone was great. I cant wait for next year. My car did great all the way there and back untill I got about 15 miles from home. Just after I got on the 167 freeway from the 512 freeway I heard a noise from under the car, I thought, and then a thumping sound that didn't sound good. I pulled over right away and as I stopped the thumping continued so I quickly shut off the engine. I raised the hood and could see nothing out of the ordinary. I started it up again and the noise was gone. I looked under the car to see if anything was hanging or leaking but nothing. So I continued home. Then a squeeking noise started from under the hood as I neared my house so I pulled in the driveway and raised the hood again. I cant tell which one but it sounds like one of my pullys is making the sound. I just put her away untill tomorrow then I'll try to figure it out. I want to say thanks to Aaron for puting all this together and thanks to everyone who attended. It was great. For now I got to go to bed, Im exhausted. I will give more details tomprrow and Im sure someone else who was there will chime in. Good night. night

We just arrive home from The Dalles at 3:00pm. What a great time. It's my first meet with FGMCC and we had a blast. The people were great, Aaron did a fantastic job of putting it all together. 19 or 20 Montes. Now sure because they just kept coming all weekend. I'll have to load the pictures soon. The awards dinner was great and a lot of awesome awards that were given out. I also want to thank all of our brothers from the north for coming. A great bunch. Did not get to run the Monte, but maybe next year.

I was one of the long distance drivers; I made it both ways without incident. It was a 680 mile drive...12 hours trying to get there in 10. LOL. I realize now that factory AC is a neat thing only if it works; and mine didn't. The long hours of sun pouring in through open windows and the 100 degree breezes were brutal.

We were there in a heat wave. I expected the temps to be less than the standard inferno I'm used to in the central valley of California, but it it got hotter the further North we went. Each day at the meet was hotter than the day before. There really wasn't any escape from the weather. Thank goodness the main car show event was in a shady park.

It wasn't until the sun began to set that we would pull out the lawn chairs and gather in the Motel parking lot. We spent every night staying up later than we should have just laughing and socializing, and making things difficult for the hapless travelers that weren't there for any car show. LOL

The long nights, long days, and high heat made for some crazy times. We only pretended to be sane.

I have no regrets. I had a blast. It was so nice to see some of my old friends from meets past, and hook up with others that I hadn't met yet. I can still feel the fatigue and the sunburn, but wear them like a badge of honor knowing I WAS THERE.

Here are a couple of teaser photos:

Here is the Motel parking lot daytime

279.jpg

and here it is after dark

271.jpg

Some of us drove out to the stonehenge war memorial and I got some "artsy" photos...

308.jpg

299mk1.jpg

Very cool Mark!! We should have gone to the stonehenge thing, thats cool. cool The day and night pics are great. In the night pic I really seemed to tic off one of the Merc guys the way I parked my Monte across the back of our Montes since one of their rooms was near the street and every time he had to walk past my car he would give my quarter a hip check. I said something after the second time and after that he walked way around. lol

I stopped for a couple of visits on the return trip home yesterday and pulled into my driveway at 11:00pm last night. I really enjoy and am very thankful for my job, and the air conditioning here in the office today is feeling pretty good... but man, I wish I was still in The Dalles with everyone; what a FANTASTIC meet!

smile

Dave

Nice pictures Mark..darn it I missed the biggest Western meet yet. Fooey! The timing wasn't right this year. Aside from the sweltering heat, it looks like it was a blast. Kudos to all who made it a mission to attend this year's meet.

Awesome time, great ride there through the forest/mountains. Many thanks for everyone's hospitality. Nice to finally meet many of you in person. Great convoy on the way back Jake/Chris cool.

Left The Dalles Monday morning at 8:30am and arrived home at 5:00pm Tues with one stop over in Idaho.

What a great time we had. It was nice to see some old friends and what a pleasure to meet some more members. A great bunch of Monte nuts!!

fgmcc

Thank you Aaron for all the hard work!!

Great pictures Mark. That second picture is alot clearer than I remember. grin

Vaughn,Kathie and Liam