2011 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a great show Aaron,

Thanks for all the hard work. I'll get registered for the show!!!

Can't wait, the Western Meet is always fun!!!

I have to hit COSTCO now and get some chairs, and a canopy..

My brother just confirmed he is flying out for the show again, he had such a great time he wants to come out again..

Kevin

ONLY 3 MONTHS TO GO!!!!

Party!! Woo Hoo!! yaycool

Book your hotel ASAP before the rooms fill up at that low rate. smile

Just did the Mapquest thing for the hundredth time. Keeps telling me the same thing......912 miles one way! Can't wait!

The long drive is all part of the Western Meet experience.

Just did the Mapquest thing for the hundredth time. Keeps telling me the same thing......912 miles one way! Can't wait!

The long drive is all part of the Western Meet experience.

...and Pat is driving even further!

I'm a little ver 600 miles to the meet myself. Looking forward to the drive through Eastern Washington/Oregon.

I agree, the meet starts when I pull out of my driveway in the Monte. smile

If gas gets any more expensive, we are all going to have to take out second mortgages on houses to pay for it.. Holy schnikies..

I am at 550 miles, but that pass outside of La Grande is a doosey... (Emigrant Hill)

Kevin

OK, today I took the day and went and did one of my favorite things to do with friends.. Yes.. besides MC's and cold Barley pops..

GOLF..

So I said to self.. "SELF" I wonder if anyone would want to shoot a round at the western meet?? We do not have to go 18, but we would surely have to hit the 19th hole. It would be a gas to maybe get a few swings in.

Anyone interested??

Kevin

OK, today I took the day and went and did one of my favorite things to do with friends.. Yes.. besides MC's and cold Barley pops..

GOLF..

So I said to self.. "SELF" I wonder if anyone would want to shoot a round at the western meet?? We do not have to go 18, but we would surely have to hit the 19th hole. It would be a gas to maybe get a few swings in.

Anyone interested??

Kevin

There is a golf course close to the hotel (Banbury Golf Course). Getting the time to play might be an issue unless you get into town early or leave later. This year there is stuff for the meet going on from Friday morning through Sunday night.

Guest knightfan2691
Yes, we are looking forward to seeing you at the meet Cort!

It'll be great to FINALLY meet you in person, Aaron! Looking forward to meeting as many people as possible when I'm there Thursday night.

Speaking of Thursday night ... does the hotel require you to stay there a certain number of nights to get that $60 rate? I, as of now, don't have a place to stay that Thursday night in Boise. Wednesday night, I'll be staying at Arsin's place in Seattle.

Originally Posted By: KWick_70MC
If gas gets any more expensive, we are all going to have to take out second mortgages on houses to pay for it.. Holy schnikies..

I am at 550 miles

LOL! Kevin, I have a bit longer drive wink.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You have to try again" __ Janie Fricke __ 'You Don't Know Love'

Hy Cort. Well, they never said that you have to stay all weekend for that rate. I guess they could charge you more since it's obvious you are not there for the Northwest Motorfest Event. I currently have an arrangement to stay in a room with Chris (Montecruiser). Maybe we can get a cot for the one night and split the cost, or bring a sleeping bag. I'll have to look into this with the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

As of now, I have 17 members confirmed as attending.

Aaron Dodsworth

Roy Bunjes

Vaughn Peoples

Pat Trottier

Liam Peoples

Cameron Lewis

Doug Cameron

Kevin Wick

Dave Mau

Royce Tollman

Chris Davis

Chris Stiener

Tim Oest

Rodney Shure

Tyler (youngmonte71)

Cort Stevens

Dan Goehring

I have several other members who have shown interest in attending but not yet confirmed.

If I have missed anyone let me know. smile

As of now, I have 17 members confirmed as attending.

Aaron Dodsworth

Roy Bunjes

Vaughn Peoples

Pat Trottier

Liam Peoples

Cameron Lewis

Doug Cameron

Kevin Wick

Dave Mau

Royce Tollman

Chris Davis

Chris Stiener

Tim Oest

Rodney Shure

Tyler (youngmonte71)

Cort Stevens

Dan Goehring

I have several other members who have shown interest in attending but not yet confirmed.

whistle

If I have missed anyone let me know. smile

Only thing I noticed you missed is the miss spelling of my last name. winkgrin The "I" before "E" except after "C" dont apply here. Like in Beer Stein er 2beers

Hey Aaron,

I have a room reserved & as far as I know am the only one occupying it. Cort is welcome to one of the two beds Thursday night if it will help him out.

Just let me know & would be happy to share the room. grin

Doug

Guest knightfan2691
I currently have an arrangement to stay in a room with Chris (Montecruiser). Maybe we can get a cot for the one night and split the cost, or bring a sleeping bag. I'll have to look into this with the hotel.

(and)

Originally Posted By: 72-CLASSIC_RIDE
I have a room reserved & as far as I know am the only one occupying it. Cort is welcome to one of the two beds Thursday night if it will help him out.

Just let me know & would be happy to share the room. grin

Either way is fine with me. Doug, sharing the room with you that Thursday night might be the best since that'd mean we'd all get a bed...LOL. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted By: Vaughn
Looking forward to meeting you Cort.

Looking forward to meeting you, too, Vaughn!

It SHOULD be noted that, just like the Eastern Meet, I'll only be around a short time. I'll arrive Thursday evening (hopefully around dinner time, or maybe a little later), then leave for the rest of my road trip Friday morning ... hopefully around 9a or 10a....

smile

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed" __ Linkin Park __ 'Leave Out All The Rest'

Aaron, I expect I will be in Boise Thursday the 7th mid to late afternoon baring any unforseen circumstances. As I have Chris's (montecruisers) phone number, I will keep you informed of my progress & guesstimate of ETA to Boise during the drive.

Cort, your welcome to stay the night and looking forward to meeting you. Happy to be of service. grin

All have a GREAT day.......

Doug

okay, we are going. We are gonna make it happen one way or another. Waiting to hear when everyone is caravaning out of here so I can call and book the room. Even if we have to just take the Yukon, it's on.

Speaking of Thursday night ... does the hotel require you to stay there a certain number of nights to get that $60 rate? I, as of now, don't have a place to stay that Thursday night in Boise. Wednesday night, I'll be staying at Arsin's place in Seattle.

Slumber party rofl Don't worry, I won't scare you with the pink robe.... well, maybe not wink