Pretty cool build

Monte7071

Very extensive work with all those switches, controls, and hidden gauges...that is something you do on a car with no cage or hood scoop, don't get me wrong that's all great work but that car isn't fooling nobody as a sleeper... wink

That is some engineering and thought went into that car for sure.

I really like all the great ideas, keeping factory equipment working on new functions.

There is a lot of time spent doing that stuff, and you have to have it all planned out before you even break out the tools! Kudos on the imagination and planning.

The problem I have is that it goes completly against the "KISS" method of car building. (Keep It Simple, Stupid)...Nobody, (including the owner) is going to find those controls easy to use.

If the guy next to you wants to race, we simply hinge down the gauge panel, open the glove box, set the radio to station preset 2, adjust the heater to cold, set the fan speed on high, depress the cigarette lighter, keep an eye on the AC duct...Hey, why is the guy behind me honking his horn? I'll just honk back...wait, that was the nitrous switch...and where did that car that wanted to race get off to? Oh well...I'll just drive away normally as soon as I remember how to release the line lock...I'll just roll down the window and flag the guy behind me to go around...crap...that window switch opens the exhaust cutouts...Oh, Hello officer...What? No, I'm not having troubles. Let me turn down the radio a bit...sorry, that was nitrous purge. Your hand should defrost in a couple of minutes....

Mark that is too funny when I was reading about that car I was thinking to myself how hard it would be to remember what to do. Can you imagine the guys wife takes the car to the store or you had a passenger who wants to listen to the radio or turn on the a/c lol. I just thought it had alot of thought behind it.

Now THAT was funny, Mark! You should send that post to the owner of the Chevelle. He'd probably be surprised that he hadn't thought of how complicated his car his become.

I dig the craftsmanship and ideas, though. Just too much to remember or I'm too simple. Probably the latter.

~ Z

all to what point??? At a stoplight by the time he gets all that done I'm gone!! Then when he catches and you pull over to talk you can look inside and say "gee, I think somethings stuck in your air conditioning vent"!!! crazy

...and I thought programing a VCR was bad.

I can see using one of those ideas to arm an anti-theft device, but for the rest...I believe it should be a row of switches with labels, and "ON" is when the toggle is aimed upward. You should be able to glance at the panel and know what's what.

If these clever controls were installed in an airplane, we'd be in big trouble.

This guy is going to have to spend some major hours in a simulator before he goes driving.