The FGMCC Logo

Rob Peters

This message is to everyone who visits the First Generation Monte Carlo Club boards. Our club logo is intended for use by the our club in any way the club directors wish to use it. It is the property of General Motors Corporation and our club holds the sole licnese to use the Logo.

The reason for this is when club member Dave Mau designed the logo we used two copy written items, the Knight and the Monte Carlo Script. To use these we had to submit our logo design to General Motors lawyers for approval. Once they approved it the logo became the property of GM and not to us.

In the license agreement our club agrees to limit the use and that all use must receive the approval of a majority of the club officers/directors. Unauthorized use of the logo will not be allowed. If you have an idea for a use of the logo you will need to contact one of us by email and it will be voted upon. This applies to visitors and members aloke. If you have any questions on this policy please contact the club President or me.

Thanks

Rob Peters

• Like 1

there goes that tattoo I was planning. whistle

We did not say you can not do this, we just kindly request that you ask for permission to use the club logo, that's all...grin

30,000,000,000.00 Thats Billion with a B ....in Taxper's funds to bail GM's mismanaged a-- Out of the wringer, and we're all supposed to worry about their licenesing BS?

Oh the irony.....

The use and marketing of the club logo is one of the major revenue streams for the FGMCC. So yes, the club officers worry very much about retaining the license to use our logo...grin

This license enabled us to keep the membership dues at $20/year for the last 10 years!

Originally Posted By: wallaby
Ummm...how does the logo generate revenue?

I'm guessing merchandise sales.

It is a GREAT logo!!!!!!!!

Correct, just check the financials of the club which I publish to the members every year and you will see that the sale of merchandise with the club logo helps us tremendously...

Originally Posted By: Montecruiser

We did not say you can not do this, we just kindly request that you ask for permission to use the club logo, that's all...grin

I'll wear one of those Large decals on my back for a while, to see if I like it. winkkicking

Originally Posted By: Andreas
Originally Posted By: Montecruiser

I'll wear one of those Large decals on my back for a while, to see if I like it. winkkicking

lol

Just make sure to get good and wet before attempting to remove it, Chris. OUCH! shockedlol

Originally Posted By: Rob Peters
The reason for this is when club member Dave Mau designed the logo we used two copy written items, the Knight and the Monte Carlo Script. To use these we had to submit our logo design to General Motors lawyers for approval. Once they approved it the logo became the property of GM and not to us.

In the license agreement our club agrees to limit the use and that all use must receive the approval of a majority of the club officers/directors.

As Rob has said, the logo is technically the property of GM, being that it incorporates their trademarks in it. In addition to the knight/crest emblem and the "Monte Carlo" script, the logo also includes a Chevy bowtie on the license plate of the first gen Monte Carlo - of which even the body design itself can technically be considered a trademark of GM.

The Club's agreement with GM grants The Club exclusive rights to use the logo for club promotion, merchandise, etc., and it is our responsibility to use it in good taste. This is all in accordance with federal copyright laws, and it protects both GM and the FGMCC. I've got a copy of the legal agreement at home, and it's a pretty thick stack of papers! GM is totally supportive of clubs like ours, and by using The Club logo correctly we reciprocate that goodwill relationship.

It was a real pleasure to do the logo for the FGMCC, and I thank everyone for their continued appreciation and support of the logo and of our fine club that it represents.

smile

Dave

Had I been a member then I'd have voted for it. May last longer than GM.

But in one thought, when GM stops making nos parts they should also loose a certain part of control to some degree I would think.

But I'm just a layman.

• 5 months later...

I don't normally make comments,but had to on this post. It's good to know we have people in the club to monitor this stuff and take action when they feel the need. THATS ALL,Ron

For the tattoo, I think you might be better off asking for forgiveness rather than permission. What are they going to do? wink

Make you take it off!.... devil

Just kiddin'. I buy anyone a beverage of your choice who gets a permanent FGMCC tattoo on a tasteful bodypart!

Originally Posted By: ripleydale
For the tattoo, I think you might be better off asking for forgiveness rather than permission. What are they going to do? wink

Make you take it off!.... devil

Just kiddin'. I buy anyone a beverage of your choice who gets a permanent FGMCC tattoo on a tasteful bodypart!

Oh man, I thought I was going to get a beverage until those last 2 words. grin

• Like 1