Things I learned at my 1st meet.....

Montecruiser

This is list of things I learned at my first FGMCC meet. cool In no particular order.

1. I learned that 3 Montes traveling down the road takes less time than 1 shifter

2. I learned that at least once on a road trip you meet that guy who knows a guy who has a cousin that has an SS 454 4 speed. Very rare he tells us. nutz

3. I learned that Garretts parents are way cooler than my parents ever thought of being. cool

4. I learned that I possibly have another brother living in Portland Oregon. Welcome to the family Doug. grin

5. I learned that I've never met a first gen Monte owner that I didn't like. 2beers

6. I learned that there is one Monte in Oregon that has a 357 under the hood, covered with dents and its worth $7500.00 eek

7. I learned that the guys in the Merc club dont like it when they show up for a show and their parking lot is full of Montes. lol

8. I learned that 104 in Oregon is hotter than 104 in Vegas. devil

9. I learned that compression brakes on a truck that is hundreds of yards away sounds like its going to drive over your tent at 6am. eek

10. And I also learned that when you ask someone to "sign" your trunk. You get a funny look. smile

These are just a few of the things I learned on my First FGMCC meet. I cant wait to learn more next year. grin

Hey Thanks! Yea I agree my parents are pretty awesome. Most of the time wink Good list, I would have to agree with everyone of them.

Garrett.

I forgot to add how impressed I was by the guts you had in taking on a trip like that when you got the engine install completed at midnight the night before. eek I never would have had the balls for that when I was seventeen. Or now for that matter. I had to test and fix for 2 weeks before I had the confidence to drive to The Dalles and Im alot closer than you. My hats off to you young man. You did a fine job overcoming every obsticle that was thrown you way. Congrats! grin

It was a fantastic meet. I've been all over the country to rallies w/motorcycle people and never had as much fun as I had at the WM. People were so nice and so much knowledge about our wonderful cars. I agree Chris with all your statements. We have the full spectrum of members. 60s to teens. To have such a passion for their cars is great to see. The excitement is building already for Boise.

Very well put Chris,

My 1st Meet as well! Looking forward to Boise next year where I will be a little more seasoned. I plan on taking more time off work for this one. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully new faces as well.

Garrett was certainly the talk of the Meet & my hats also off to him as well. That boy was on a MISSION!

Sorry that Royce wasn't able to run at the track and hope all is better now.

Considering all the excitement at the 2010 WM, I can't imagine it being any better than what I had experienced there. A real testament to Aaron and my many many thanx for his due deligence in pulling it off!

Hopefully we can establish another Western Meet Caravan (Boise or Bust) with more member participation in this one.

The pic's & video's were AWESOME! shocked Thanx to all for sharing.

All have a GREAT day....

Doug