Sign in to follow this  

Some people are so stupid

Went to pickup my new toy today (someday I'll sit down and learn how to post pictures). Almost didn't make it to my destination. While slowly(40mph)traveling down a busy back road and towing the 72 with a towbar, I was coming up to another side street, so I began to slow down because there was a car approching from there, just in case she didn't stop. She didn't. mad I slammed on the brakes and the monty was trying to jack-knife me into the on coming busy traffic. I just knew I was going for a head-on because I saw them coming at me. There are deep ditches on both sides of the road. My tires are squalling. The illegal car on my right had her foot on the gas and I'm looking her in the eye, so I let off the brakes and my truck shot back in my lane missing everyone with the Monty wipping behind me. I don't know how that happened. There just isn't room for there to be vehicles 3 wide in that location. There must have been some singed paint on somebodys car somewhere. Got there in one piece. Only dammage was the stipe in my underware. That was so stupid of her for just driving right through the stop sign. There should have been a multi car wreck with me in the middle.

man ya know, it's one thing when you accidently blow off a stop sign or a light.. and make an effort to stop. but when someone knows they're blowin thru it.. and keep their foot on the gas like yer just gonna stop..

if it hadn't been for hte monte, I woulda taken her out. just to make a point.

man ya know, it's one thing when you accidently blow off a stop sign or a light.. and make an effort to stop. but when someone knows they're blowin thru it.. and keep their foot on the gas like yer just gonna stop..

if it hadn't been for hte monte, I woulda taken her out. just to make a point.

I thought about the taking her out afterwards. Probably could have with my home built front truck bumper and I would have escaped serious harm. But my instincts took over and I did my driving thing to get out of it. WOW! eek Seeing those cars coming at me was freaky though. I bet there were others with striped underware.

lol I was definately worried about the Monty making it through. cry

Glad to hear you and the Monte made it thru safe! Sounds like you’re in the need for some good ole' fashioned bleach though... lol

Man i glad your ok i see this sorta thing everyday being a delivery driver and all just today i had a guy on the freeway try and leisherly merge over onto me while on his cell phone i dang near ate the north and south bound divider

Good thing you can replace those with the FGMCC boxers! Glad to hear you escaped a close one. Big J

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece.

While towing my 70 Monte back from Spring Texas minding my own buisness in the right lane, a car came from the far left lane across all four lanes cut me off went down in the ditch & came up on the frontage road as if it were an exit.

The trailer driver behind me informed me over the cb that that was a Texas turn off.

Seeing all the the tire marks on the shoulder made me a little worried at any time someone might try to exit or enter from the frontage road again.

Never leave the house without having clean underwear on. Matthew

... and to think that 5-10 years ago there was a big fuss, people wondering where "road rage" came from...

it's because of STUPID PEOPLE.

I remember once being followed for several miles after the driver of the car I was in did something stupid. The person behind us just followed us, in and through neighborhoods and everything, then finally drove away. For a while we thought we were going to get our butts kicked, and let me just say that that was a great motivator to be more courteous!

Maybe we need more road ragers out there... ha ha ha

Will

...because there was a car approching from there, just in case she didn't stop. She didn't.

Was she talking on her cellphone? That would be a new classic...

Everytime I see people in SUVs talking on cellphones and driving, I take extra care around them...

Glad you made it out of there without harm smile

i've had people do that. It so bad around here.. I've gotten to the point where I just don't move. if they wanna come over on me .. it's there problem. i lay on the horn.. and what REALLY amazes is me, is how many people KNOW you are there, and keep making the lane change anyway like you are just going to move out of their way..

Quote:
Originally posted by George Lines:

...because there was a car approching from there, just in case she didn't stop. She didn't.

Was she talking on her cellphone? That would be a new classic...

Everytime I see people in SUVs talking on cellphones and driving, I take extra care around them...

Glad you made it out of there without harm smile

She had no cellphone on her ear. She saw all the cars coming at me, but didn't bother to look in my direction until she heard my squalling tires. She just blew the stop sign.

I hate seeing people yacking on cellphones. They absolutely are not paying attention to their driving.

It is a wonder I'm not hit in the rear because I pay attention to all yellow lights (I watch my mirror carefully). I also wait a moment when my light turns green. Yes! There are so many really stupid drivers out there.

My son tells me I have road rage because I scream at really stupid drivers.

i've had people do that. It so bad around here.. I've gotten to the point where I just don't move. if they wanna come over on me .. it's there problem. i lay on the horn.. and what REALLY amazes is me, is how many people KNOW you are there, and keep making the lane change anyway like you are just going to move out of their way..

That has happened to me on several occasions and has in fact led to 2 accidents when these morons just continued to keep coming over . The first one was absolutely outraged when her lane was blocked and she moved over and I didnt , I wasnt going into the oncoming traffic so I held my ground and she put her drivers door right into the right front wheel of my old GMC pickup. She got a darlington stripe on her DRIVERS DOOR so I know she saw me but still got out and proceeded to blame me !!!!!!!!. While the cops were taking her accident report I reached into the truck , primered over the gold paint from her car(the whole truck was primer .... so it matched laugh ) They then porceeded to tell her she was probably going to be found at fault ,then ask me if I wanted to press for damages. I told em "No ... I already fixed it " got into my truck and drove away.

The second one occured about a year later . I was driving thru one of Pittsburghs many summer road construction projects in a single lane of traffic , when a 77 year old man merged on to the road and right into the side of my poor truck. Once again the impact point was HIS DRIVERS DOOR only this time he caught me on the right rear and I never even knew he was there until my truck went sideways on the highway. This one claimed I cut him off. He racked up my bedside pretty good and severely twisted my back bumper. The question I posed to him and his insurance company was real simple . If we were both in a single lane of traffic , where exactly did I come from to cut him off?????? After several months of haggling with and threatening legal action on his insurance , I was paid for the damage to my truck. The worst part of it all was my next door neighbor and friend was parking his car and got it caught on the damage done to my truck and ended up having to fix his car while I was waiting for his insurance company to send a check so I could fix my truck.

Dan

Sign in to follow this