Cowl Induction Hood/Fiberglass Hood Pictures

Winston Wolf

Could people please post up pictures of their custom hoods, fiberglass hoods and cowl induction hoods on their Monte Carlos? There isn't one good thread on it, just a bunch of scattered stuff. The different mfg's on the web don't have decent pictures of them on actual cars either.

Please specify brand and cowl height and any other important info also.

Thanks.

It's not specifically for me. If I ever get a fiberglass hood it will be a stock, flat, hinged one. But I've seen a bunch of different ones and thought people (and me) would like to see what they all look like. But I do like the look of them from the drivers seat. Being able to see the engine. So maybe a short one would look cool.

Besides, I don't need a hood bump. I can run a 2" spacer on an Airgap and could fit a 1.5" spacer on a Super Victor with my awesome drop base L88 air cleaner.

US Body 2" Hood:

05_Jun_2001.jpg

Same Hood with a custom 5" cowl crafted on it:

This hood is FOR SALE (pickup near Chicago only)grin

15_Jun_2009.jpg

Glasstek Stock Hood with a Carbon Fiber Bolt-on Scoop:

16_Sep_2009.jpg

The fit and finish of the Glasstek hood is 300% better!

stock steel hood, custom 'glass scoop. (4" iirc)

hood_front.jpg

hood_side.jpg

and yes, it IS 'functional' (made a huge difference in power, between the spacers between the carb and the air cleaner, and the cold air intake)

DSC02256.JPG

HPIM0146.JPG

VFN 4" Suppose to be a new model when I bought it. Not good, had to cut the scoop about 2" to get it from hitting the windshield. Not a good hood for the money. I think Glastech is the best.

Thanks for the complement David. That picture was taken by my father in law at the Gilmore car museum near my house. The VFN hood that I have didn't need to be cut at all for it to fit. Maybe they made some improvements to them over the years.I really liked the pictures of the hood that Bill got for his car, that one looks like a good one.