valve cover clearance with brake booster

erich

It's amazing how close you can get without it hitting and still be easy to remove and install...I have a stock booster and tall valve covers, I was looking at them like "no way are they gonna fit" but they did... smile

img0831uu3.jpg

Nygel, it has Vintage air but I pulled it off for now so I have better access to things and of course the weight. I haven't done anything to the car that I can't put back...I refuse to cut it up or anything... wink

My Valve covers hit the stock brake booster so I went with one of those chrome ones, but now I eliminated the booster all together and converted to Manual Brakes, believe it or not the car actually stops easier now because the engine was not creating enough vacuum to operate my power booster.

Dave, thats the one of the cleanest engine compartments I think I've ever seen, its nicer than most trailer queens. grin Is your Chevelle a 138 car? I don't think I ever asked.

I've been weighing this very same issue. I'm tired of folks looking at my GM Performance, black, stock height valve covers and asking is that a crate motor. I then have to go into telling them that no crate motor is going to have the AFR heads that I have. It's funny how many folks on the East coast don't even know who AFR is. AFR makes a nice set of polished tall valve covers, but if they won't fit with a stock booster there is no point in getting them. Hey Red, where did you get those marine chrome valve covers at?

Dave, thats the one of the cleanest engine compartments I think I've ever seen, its nicer than most trailer queens. grin Is your Chevelle a 138 car? I don't think I ever asked.

Ha, I thought that thing had a trailer the size of a house...?

Originally Posted By: Jared Richey

Most trailer queens I know don't slam 654 ft lbs of torque into the drivetrain, pull a 142 60', travel 1320' in 10.27 seconds at 129 mph and do it 150 times in the last 6 months without breaking...most "street" cars can't do that.....(the car is street legal with a full interior and can be driven anywhere if desired)... crazy

Originally Posted By: Winston Wolf
Originally Posted By: Jared Richey

Most trailer queens I know don't slam 654 ft lbs of torque into the drivetrain, pull a 142 60', travel 1320' in 10.27 seconds at 129 mph and do it 150 times in the last 6 months without breaking...most "street" cars can't do that.....(the car is street legal with a full interior and can be driven anywhere if desired)... crazy

Oh Dave, don't be so sensitive. I wish I had your trailer setup.

I trailer to the track and to other places. Really nice not to have to change to slicks at the track. Really Really nice if you break something. I used to drive to the track, change to slicks, change back, big hassle. Now we bring the car, the grill, food for the grill, chairs, and enjoy the day. I would not do it any other way now. We still cruise, just not to the track.