I did it!!

maddmann313

no, because there is no fitting on the qjet that you need. this fitting screws into the intake. orginally your brake booster line screwed into the bottom of the carb.. your holley doesn't do that, so now you have to find a new home for that line.

This is how I chose to add an extra vacuum line to my engine so that it looked tidier.. I drilled and tapped the intake and added another fitting using AN fittings....

newvacline.jpg

on my car, I do not have a vacuum line to the transmission (700r4) and I don't have a charcoal canister (removed)

so i have only 4 vacuum lines to deal with

Power Brakes

PCV

Distributor

Air Cond. Controls

the larger chrome square fitting is for the power brakes, because of my carb and intake setup, I don't have room for any other fitting there.

the fancy stainless steel line there feeds my Air conditioning controls.

the distributor runs off manifold vac. from the fitting at the front/bottom of the carb.

PCV uses the large fitting in the passenger side of the carb.

btw.. would you describe for me the process you used to determine your float levels were set correctly? I just wanna make sure you did them right :>

Well I bought the carb and the carb kit and took it to a smart friend of mine who has been racing since he was 17 and is now in his late 40s and asked him to rebuild it and asked him bout the float levels and he said "THERE FINE DON'T SCREW WITH EM!!!"

uhhh there is problem number one. There is no way to be sure the float levels are right unless the carb is installed and the engine is running.

start the engine.. let it warm up and come off fast idle.

remove the float window screw while the engine is running... if fuel comes pouring out.. the floats are set too high.

if you don't want to do it with the engine running, you can do it holley's way which is problaby safer, but it takes a little longer.

Please read this, the part you are interested in, is in the bottom left corner, the "wet float method"

Holley's float setting instructions

if the engine is off, and you remove the site plug (don't loose the gasket under it)

the fuel should be right at the bottom of the hole... and if you rock the car gently should just barely splash out.

what you described initially suggests you have a float setting problem.

Ahhhh thanks you guys have been a great help on this I will work on it when I get back from hunting in the afternoon! I'm glad you told me that I didn't know that's how you adjust the float levels on a Holley I'm too used to a qjet and we know how those floats are!

Passenger Side, Front.

1202101841.jpg

Passenger side, Front again but this time you can see those 2 lines on the front bottom leading back to my vacuum advance.

1202101841a.jpg

Driver side, Front. Just wanted you to see the line heading from my valve cover to my carb. (I still don't understand these lines, I'm sure others will help out smile )

1202101842.jpg

Driver Side, Side. Nothing special just the side lol

1202101843.jpg

Driver Side, Back side. you can see that thick line running from the master cylinder to the back of the carb.

1202101843a.jpg

Sorry my engine is a mess... I kinda feel ashamed to show it because it's a mess... but I figured I would help anyways lol

By the way. The lighting is crap because I don't have proper lighting in my shop... just a shop light... lol

can you take another pic of that line from the vale cover to the carb..but standing on the driver's side of the car? that looks like someone tried to home-brew a hot air choke or something.

but i wanted to know where the vacuum line on the holley carb went. not your qjet wink

<.< That's a holley 650 Carb... it's the model to replace a Q-jet and when I got the car, the original Q-jet it had on it was junk so I replaced it with this and now it's well, ya know lol

least it runs! lol

Are you talking about this peice? This is from the 1st pic and it's behind the carb.

52e0b41d.jpg

Also your saying i would have to find a fitting to have the 2 line that are on it now and the brake booster line???

On this fitting the is already 2 line going into it what do I do with the one not going to the tranny?