network bugs

monte70car

Well guys see if you can make heads or tails out of this. My home network is 5 computers 2 prints, four of the computers have win7 where the other computer is vista. One print is tied to the Vista PC and the other printer is tied to a Win7 PC both PC can print to their printers but none of the other computers can print to them. The Win7 PC with printer comes up as being offline even when the system is logged off. The Vista PC is not being picked up when adding a network printer. I click on the computer in the network and it tells me windows can not access said computer. All the computers have the same workgroup name MSHOME and the file and printing sharing are turned on, on each computer. I have ping each system with the vista one coming back as failed.

Doing the IP I get system error 53 has occurred the network path not found, doing it by pc name it comes up with the same thing. I went and reset the router as I read where people had good luck with that but not in my case. Hate to do a system restore on it as it holds tax information on and doing a half recovery probably wont help. Also notice it running slowly compare to the rest of the computers.