70-72 Monte Carlo pro front end

mrbigg

Thanks for the thread. I've wanted to ask about this front end for my car. My question is: How do you get fresh air to the radiator?? Can the headlights hardware be installed in the glass front end?? Same with turnsigals. I'd still like to drive it on the street on occasion.

I have a pic of a drag car with openings cut in the grill. Doesn't look too bad. As for headlights, Hot Rod had one of them fast street car challenges and some guy had a Nova in there and he was running sometype of small halogen headlights that were just in the center of the headlights. He had the headlight airbrushed and that in the center. It was a red 66 or 67.

Can't up load a pic though off of my computer. It keeps asking for a URL Link. Maybe because I'm new. I know some sites want you to be around for a while before they will let you post some pics.

If I recall, Garrett's plan is to cut out the fiberglass grill and mount a stock grill in it's place somehow. I'm not sure what his plans are for the headlights.

I always wanted to do that and I would want to drive it on the street but I could only imagine the destruction if you were to get into an accident against another car, the nose shatters in a million pieces and the other car comes right through your firewall... eek

I always wanted to do that and I would want to drive it on the street but I could only imagine the destruction if you were to get into an accident against another car, the nose shatters in a million pieces and the other car comes right through your firewall... eek

I was thinking the same thing. The one peice is not for the street in my opinion.

I know that when I was in a low speed front-end collision in my 70, the bumper, hood and fenders prevented the other car from getting through to the rad. I could tell by the bends in the fenders, hood and bumper that they absorbed a fair amount of the impact. A fiberglass front end would have made that collision pretty scary.