another virus

7tonemonte

Yup, me again....I have something that I am having trouble removing. HDD Rescue, it showed up last night, and Security Essentials isnt picking it up,but it seems to load stuff on the cpu that is being picked up and removed by Security Essentials.

I am trying to just remove it with but cant locate it while Im using add/remove programs. Its in the temp area and on my startup screen. Any help?

There is also a spot down on my toolbar that keeps saying RAM memury usage is critically high,RAM memory failure.

Try booting in safe mode and then removing it from add/remove programs. This is just another reason I run Ubuntu Linux on my computers now. The only thing I need Windows for is to run iTunes to sync the iPods in the house.

Agreed; if you have the time/energy/patience, nothing's as good as a reformat on Windows.

Well, maybe throwing it out and buying a computer that runs on a different operating system, but we won't get into that never-ending debate wink

No debating over Windows or Linux Marc smile They both get the job done. I personally am a Windows admin (well I was till I got laid off frown ) but for everyday home computing I have taken to running Linux. I put it on the kids computers because for surfing the web and reading email it keeps me from having to reformat Windows every 6 months because of all the crap they seem to get on the computers lol My son plays a couple of games that I can't get to run on Linux so he has his computer setup to duel boot, but he loves playing around with Linux too grin

For anyone that want to give it a try, go here http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download download the file, burn it to a CD and then reboot the computer. It will even run from the CD so you can see how it works on your computer without changing anything.