dash pad screw anchors

John Burns

I had my dash off today and I stumbled across a slick way to make sure the screws along the front edge don't pull out. Mine have all pulled out and the dash didn't lay flat across the edge- looked pretty crappy. Anyway, I got some of these plastic drywall anchors, cut the tip off and screwed them into the dash screw holes. Installed the dash and now it sits nice and tight against the dash. (I don't have a good before shot, but it was sticking up really high all the way to the left).

drywallanchor.jpg

before

P1040357.jpg

after

P1020450.jpg

I used the bathtub style anchors we posted a good while back. Had to trim just a little to get them to pop in but wortked great with the original screws.

Brilliant! Should be a durable repair and allows use of the original screws. Two of the six positions on my Monte's dash pad need this repair also. Thanks for sharing!

What a great idea! Thanks.

I used some silicone to fill the bored out holes in the dash - the kind that sets up pretty hard, and after it cured, just screwed into that. I think your idea there would work better.

you could also fill the holes with epoxy, such as jb weld.. then drill a small pilot hole in the epoxy and then re install the screw.. just a thought smile

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...