Lowrider.Hopper Vid

Andy's Auto

While I own no lowrider, someone close to me sent this over so I thought it was time to share. Truly makes me want to pee blood. laugh

a>

Nice vid. I'm guessing thats from the 90's since the don't "car dance" any more. Not sure why, I've heard tht besides being hard on the car, was dispute over the method of judging. Now they go for inches which is easier to regualate. GREAT THREAD! I'm gonna find some good vids now to keep this going!

Ouch. And they say iam hard on my car sometimes..smile

I'll see if I can find some recent Hopp Off videos. I wish I could get my homie Big Tony on here, it's a science all in it's self to get them cars up that high in a couple of licks (the number of times a person has to hit the switch to get the car to hop to maximum heighth)

Wow, that is kind-a-cool. I thought I was afraid of breaking something going down the drag strip. How do they not bust stuff up all the time? - Dave

Wow, that is kind-a-cool. I thought I was afraid of breaking something going down the drag strip. How do they not bust stuff up all the time? - Dave

Not a whole lot you can do for radical stuff like making the car dance. But when it comes to hopping these guys FULLY wrap the frame and use telescoping drive shafts, extended and reinforced a-arms th prevent the ball joints from busting, 4 link suspensions (never really got into hopping so I'm not sure what that consists of, but I'll post pics of set ups and I'm sure you guys would be able to point out what was customized), battery placement for leverage, power balls for the rear cylinders... I'll try to see if I can get Big Tony on here, he can really disect this sort of thing..

Wow and I thought speed bumps around here were bad on my suspension. A couple of them hopped around like my dog when she is begging to go outside to go to the bathroom..

rob