Gas tank sending unit which one?

It should have 2 lines. Go to www.rockauto.com and search for FG91D it is made by Sprectra. I have gotten a different one off ebay, and it did not last. They have the best price on it that I could find.

m_fg91d.jpg

Larry, what year are you building? My '70 SS has a return line from the pump to the tank. I got a new sending unit for Christmas and I bench tested it. The float was hanging up but I was able to free it up. Note, always test them with an ohmmeter before installing.

A local guy has a '70 with the original 350 in it and he told me a few days ago that his has a return line coming off a filter that's inline between the carb and pump. He said he found a new filter on a Corvette site. I've never heard of that one before.

Dan

Oh yeah, now I remember. You do great work, good luck with it. Being a little scared shows you're concern with building a quality car. 2beers I'd probably end up with a roadster......

I think the '72 tank uses the non-vented cap like the '71, doesn't it? If so, I think you don't need the return line on the sending unit. Somebody should confirm that though.

Dan

I got one from advanced auto it didnt work in mine so I ordered a factory duplicate from opg that didnt work eather so I have other problems also but I have the extra one from aap. It is a single tube one its similer to the one in the pic only with 1 tube it has the plastic float. If you want it and it will work twenty bucks plus shipping its yours. I think I paid around $45.00 for it.