Rootbeer

monte70car

It's not a lowrider with the 100 spoke wire wheels or anything in that line. What I did was built a G-machine dropping it a 1" lower then stock plus sizing the wheels 1" and put rear disc on it. The stock sound system is long gone and in its place I have a am/fm cd player in the dash 2 4x6 speakers in the dash 2 4" speakers in the kick panel and 2 6x9's in the rear deck which makes the back seat look like it has head rest. Currently I'm redoing the trunk area with a reg. sub woofer box with 2 10" subs then that will be hidden by a alum plate. subs007.jpg Paint work was done in a two car garage over a 3 day weekend 92f947d3-1.jpg the paint may look plain but it is loaded with metal fakes 95a7ca48-1.jpgHPIM0636-1.jpg

The paint was a 2 year progress as the interior was in good shape and finding a color to flow with dark saddle wasn't easy. The paint is HOK rootbeer kandy with copper penny pearl mixed in the clear coat, under the root beer is a sliver metallic coat over top of PPG epoxy primer. Last summer the car was wet sanded all the way to 2000 grit and then buffed using Norton ice and using all three of the buffing pads. Pictures really don't bring out the over all color or the flake that is on the car. Here is a picture after the 2000grit color sanding number 3 pad and a coat of wax 025.jpghere is a picture before the color sanding and buffing HPIM0109.jpg an older picture year after we got the car 008-1.jpg here is a video of the sound system without the subs

then with the subs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESaWy0oAaME you do feel the bass coming though the seat which is what I wanted volume was only on 10 when the video's were made.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Yep!! grin Thats me bigscaht ...Lol...I have several videos of the Monte on youtube.. Check them out sometime.

the car is beautiful. thats exatcly what i wanted but my taste and wallet do not always agree.