Sign in to follow this  

Not seeing things

3rd time I have seen them. Spoke hubcaps mounted on the wheel lug nuts VIA bearings that spin independent of the wheels. Too bad they were on a late 60's Buick convertable. It may have been a skylark?????? Could have been a nice muscle car done another way, but, UGLY in my thinking.

But just think how cool they are, Really cool since those things cost a ton of money nutz

I've heard that some of those sets go for $10K or so. eeknutz

Cheapest one's are $1500 - $2000 per rim.

And you know, it is actually a neat idea... if our community had thought of it first, instead of the Ricer's... well, I know I'd atleast try them. (but not for that much money).

It's really kind of a cool looking thing, but now that they are so "Big Pimpin" it would completely ruin the image of a Monte.

stupid stupid stupid. they remind me of a kids pinwheel blowing in the wind. ugly. stupid. ignorant. has no purpose. a fad. They even make little hubcaps to emulate the spinning wheels. how can you take THAT seriously.?!?!? i just want to point and laugh!

I've heard stories of people shooting drivers because they wanted their wheels. Is this to start a new trend? nutz

I figured they were expensive, but at that price, I like them even less. "Pimp Ride" was what I was trying to think of when I posted the look on that Buick convertable.

I've heard stories of people shooting drivers because they wanted their wheels. Is this to start a new trend? nutz

Yeah, I guess it's kind of like in the old western gun slinger/outlaw days, where a cowboy would shoot another guy for his boots!

Ben N

I bet the next step is to put lights in those things. They put lights in Yo-Yo's. That way they will look stupid even after dark. (geez, I sound like my DAD! Years ago he even hated the idea of jacking the rear end up with spring shackles, and he thought mag wheels were "unsafe"!)

Last year at a car show I saw an old 50 Merc with the old-type spinner hubcaps that were motionless. They must have been attatched to the spindles or something. The tire rotated around them, and they just sat there with a valve stem sticking out and everything. The rear caps rotated normaly, but were mostly hidden by fender skirts. It did look like a sled.

Quote:
I bet the next step is to put lights in those things. They put lights in Yo-Yo's. That way they will look stupid even after dark
they do put lights in them and yes it does look stupid

Geez. You try to be ridiculous and someone beats you to it. LMAO

Stop it, My guts are hurting from laughing so hard lollollol

i was coming up thru south arkansas/louisiana and i saw two kids with bicycles and they had somehow and for some reason wrapped aluminum foil around the spokes. maybe that will catch on. its real shiny.

Sign in to follow this