Modem question

stangeba

My Moto SB4100 that I own is 9.5 years old. According to Comcast it's running DOCSIS 1.0 and I should be on 2.0 or the new "best" 3.0. My 9 year old DELL is having problems running almost any YOU TUBE that is posted here or anywhere. Where should I start to upgrade my system? Other that a few YOU TUBE vids now and then, I really don't have any issues, perhaps a bit slow in loading programs but I'm not a gamer nor do I download much of anything. My Son in-law noticed the same YOU TUBE issue with his brand new APPLE when he was here last week using my WI-FY access.

Thanks, Bruce

Do you own the modem or is it a unit you rent from your service? I would think you would be upgraded to the newest modem free of charge as it most likely their box.

My parents started having problems with their Internet a while back and when we called our provider it turned out the box was just outdated. They sent us a new one within the week. Though take into consideration that I'm from Canada eh.

I own it, at about $3.50 each month for rent, you can purchase a new one every couple of years. Mine is almost 10 years old now and didn't cost $350.00 new. Thanks!