What did you do to your Monte today?

Which One!!!

Finished the roll cage in #1 Monte

Replaced the passengers door glass in #2 Monte.

There was a joke there but I decided to leave it alone..

I won't go number 1 or 2 on this thread grin

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Monte now shuts off when you turn the key off yea (see electrial post, what the heck?) put a new selinoid on and the new chrome alt and the chrome upper rad support. Painted the replacement dash pad ready to open the dash up and fix some wires that are just hanging in the dash and replace dash bulbs. spring is just around the corner gotta get ready. Will post some pictures tomorrow when I move it out of garage.

Sold my old dash pad and painted the clips and installed on the stereo pad I got for it. Took out the old dash insert after getting my hands around to that damn defogger switch bracket. Put in the new dash insert for a TEST fit and looks GREAT!!! Also figured out the ashtray adjustment issue so will remove and fix that so it goes up and down straight. :lol

Also installed ONE of my new arm rest pads (just found a crack on top of the passenger side that wasn't there before. So have to take it off and replace that pad too (the new ones are thicker). I bought the KIT but when tried to put on the drivers side new plastic bottom it didn't fit flush on the top right. Everytime I tightened the bottom front it pulled it out..I think it's slightly warped. Oh well the factory one is in good shape so I just changed out the pad. Sorry no pics yet. I also finished re-organizing my tool boxes and separated mostly my metric and SAE tools and impacts. Makes life easier working on Monte if I only grab the SAE wrenches wink

Scott

Finished hooking up my fuel lines and took the car to fill the tank. New gas tank, sending unit, straps and all the old vent hoses back there replaced. Everything fit wonderfully and works as advertised. No more of that pesky waaaay past full gauge reading.

Day before yesterday I went to where my 70 Monte is stored (no heat) and was pooping bricks hoping the antifreeze had held up to the extreme cold spell the last few weeks (-30 C). Got there and looked under the car, no leaks...., popped the hood, no leaks...., nothing looked out of place....put the battery cables on, poured a few drops of gasoline down the carb throats....turn the key, the engine jumped to life within a quarter of a second with no pedal effort....ran perfectly......no leaks, no problem....WHEW........

I guess the previous owner in Ohio was very careful with this car even though he never drove it in winter and had it in a heated garage the whole time... smile BIG SMILE....thank you, sir!!

Heres the chrome goodies alt bracket was there before but now have chrome alt too and new upper rad cover and new water outlet too the old one the chrome was peeling off.

IMG_0505.jpg

Looks nice Steve!!! More stuff to polish grinHeck that is half the fun of bright stuff......cleaning it.

David

Took the 72 out for a spin of about 20 miles. Just cruising some local neighborhoods and a little bit of Hi way speed just to blow out the cob webs. Sure do sound good just idling thru the neighbor hoods and then stand on it on the hi way. Got a lot of thumbs up and waves along the way.

Ordered a steering box,rag joint and idler arm to attempt to remove excessive play in wheel. adjusted old box all the way. Feels like I am driving a mack truck with the play. Friday will be changing oil and putting in new plugs.

Im almost done now got a few more things to do then she'll be ready Man I Love CHEVY!! Just got all my body work done finished my interior all she needs is Hood Rear Bumper Paint Rims thinkn of going wit some off set 17" Torque Thrust 8.5 or 9 up front 10 in back

I took mine out for a drive to pick my son up from school and when I pulled up to an intersection a bunch of high school kids took out their phones and took pictures of her. Makes you feel all tingly inside.

haven't done anything with mine in a while and after totaling my daily(I'm fine no injuries) it has been pushed to the back burner and put on simmer for a little bit. thought about selling it and the parts off for a bit but my parents, friends and wife all refused to let me. hope to have it moved out of my friends yard and in my shed soon so i can finish stripping it down and get the front sheet metal off.

I cleaned mine up with detail spray Friday and took it for a ride. Going to the garage tomorrow to check on differential and change U joints.

Finished replaceing the o-rings in the fuel rail and injectors, Replaced the T-stat gasket and started it up for the first time in months....

Took her out of hibernation, pulled the cover checked all the fluids air up her tires...started her up(right away she did I might add) and took her out for a nice cruise and went to lunch brought her home and detail sprayed and wiped down now she is resting in the garage for the next nice day....woohooo I missed my girl!!!!!!

Put a new battery in it last Friday and it started right up. Going to be putting the new wheels on it this Friday after I get it registered up here in AR in the morning yay