What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

had my Monte at The Dyno Shop down in Santee to get some maintenance stuff taken care of. The guy at the front desk said one of the techs mentioned, "that Monte's rear bumper sits higher then your tundra." I replied, " yup, that's the way I like it." Front desk guy thought I was offended cus he replied, "no, he LIKED the stance"

I drive by this "donk" everyday on my way home. Today there were no cars parked behind it so I decided to snap a quick pic to show the different stances.

2012-04-06_16-56-28_230.jpg

I like the candy orange paint, not the beige part though.

First drive of the year! Ran great. It's almost 41 years now.

Bruce

Got mine out of storage today and it fired right up with no issues. It was still clean and shiny so I'm pretty impressed with the cover. I went for a short spin and put my new floor mats in it that I purchased from Year One.

Tomorrow I will do some detailing and put my personalized plates on.

Going to take it out first time this year(Easter Sunday).took a little bit on the starter but fired right up! I guess the stabil did it's job.I did some checks everything looks good.

Installed a new MSD digital 6 plus, and new coil. Ran wires for a two step and trans brake. New trans by Rossler should be done this week. Trans will have a trans brake, JW ultra bell, and lighter internals.

Decided to do some updating. New fuel pump, water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses, fuel lines and temp sending unit. Also took the liberty to paint the fan and pulleys, as well as changed the valve cover gaskets. Taking to shop tomorrow to rebuild the front suspension, all new parts. Still can't decide between putting on headers or reconnecting the AC (one guess what the wife wants grin).

The coolest part is that I took the alternator in to be rebuilt by a local shop. They upgraded it to 180amp output.

My 72 got its first wash of the year today. Did some other cleaning on it too (interior, engine, etc). Now it's ready for my daily cruise to and from work.

Went to start the Monte up saturday for the first of the season and the fuel pump had a blown fuse. New fuse and it didn't want to run. Checked the relay and it was good. Took it off, benched tested it, nothing, took it apart, blew out the dust from the motor, dumped out the little bit of clean fuel, put it back together and now it works. Still need to reinstall and start the old girl up. - Dave

Nothing today, but finished the metal replacement around the windshield yesterday and my daughter even came out and helped me laugh Had her sanding the filler work on the drivers door for me. :)She did a good job too!

Well I didn't do as much as Steve did but I did pull off the cover that many people warned me not to put on and checked on if she was keeping dry. It's been a couple months or so and she's seen snow and rain almost everyday. eek Even after the warnings from club members and others around me I had no choice but to leave it covered because it had to be outside a while and it leaks in the trunk and the drivers side rear quarter window. It was covered with a car cover and a tarp over that. I gotta say she stayed dry as a bone and as clean as the day I covered it. grin So I backed my 04 Monte up to her and got some pics. Then I had to cover it back up real quick because it looked like it might rain. wink I used one of the pics for my new siggy pic. Heres a few that I thought were kinda cool. cool

MontesNewandOld018.jpg

MontesNewandOld009.jpg

MontesNewandOld012.jpg

MontesNewandOld023.jpg

580527_3311962076379_1187954838_32647488 Turtle Wax Black Box.Love it!!!!! Definatley added "depth" to the paint....and my paint is real thin and beat up. It's basically like waxing twice, once with the cleaner, then the actual wax. Then you go over it with the spay detailer (the easy part lol) Go to your local "big box store" and pick up the bulk pack of micro fiber towels...I went through 8 of them. Yes, it sounds like alot, but overall took about 2.5 hrs and was worth every minute. No streaks, no "uneven" coloring. Yes, it is specifically for black cars, it has a black pigment in it (wear gloves and don't spill it on your jeans..ask me how I know lol) No worries about getting it on the chrome, it wipes right off.