What did you do to your Monte today?

Continuing my quest to coat the underside with POR15...finished the axle,differential cover,painted springs,changed the diff oil. Started saturday - finished to this point so I can watch the race............DSCF1311.jpgDSCF1313.jpg

DSCF1337.jpgDSCF1335.jpg

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, I thought I was the only one that did that. Give her a pat on the fender as I walk past her. I do that ever morning I leave the house for work...which unfortunately is way to much..

I laid some instructions on the hood (with the car cover on of course) to a BBQ I was putting together, does that count?

Good time of year to buy a BBQ, they are making room for snowblowers and xmas lights eek

On a side note, last time I was putting together a BBQ, Alli came out and told me she was pregnant! I put this one together much easier than the last one, guess there wasnt as much on my mind

I gave my Monte a brand new roof...well garage roof that is... grin

Been long over due and now my Monte won't have anymore moisture getting on her... cool

Just finished restoring the rallys and had new set of tires put on. Couldn't wait to put them on, they look great . He was starting think he was a chevelle for a while.

I did get my 72 out and exercised it him a little today. My son in-laws dad passed two weeks ago and they a memorial service today, at least that is what they called it. Got to put bout 35 miles on it and it felt goot. Me thinks I am going to have withdrawl symptoms afore to long and I hates it when that happens.

Well put a new wheel bearing in wife's Cavalier so it's good to go for winter, what a PITA to get it off. Thank god for my air tools and air chisel. Without them it would still be there hogging the Monte's domain!!!! mad

But got it worked out. Then took the Monte for a spin around town. Not a long trip but an enjoyable roundabout and stop for Timmies.

Then put the hardtop on my Miata and put it to bed for winter. Had to BBQ a few burgers on such a great day.....I'm tired but it was a productive day!!!

Now I can go to work tomorrow and rest... grin

This week I hope it's nice till the weekend. Have more work to do on the other winter beater (my POS truck)....then I can concentrate on the Monte for winter...let the FUN begin!!!!!

My wife and I went for a three hour tour today in the sunshine. The Monte ran beautifully. I stopped and washed and dried it on the way home and started buffing it a few hours ago. It is now almost midnight and I'm still in the garage buffing. I had forgotten how big these cars were. That's alot of sheet metal. smile My Cobalt SS would be done by now and I'm only about two thirds of the way done. LOL Damn it looks good though.

Changed the u-joints, intake and valve cover gaskets and went for a drive. It looks like rain so it was a short drive but the car runs so smooth with the new u-joints and no more leaks! I also ordered shorty spark plugs from JEGS, should be here in time for a weekend project and nice long drive depending on that silly hurricane......

spent morning removing interior and assessing the damage.amazingly floor pans and trunk floor are solid with only light surface rust. when i pulled the carpet out someone had put yellow fiberglass insulation with white vinyl backing under it. and the rear package tray was nothing but some spray painted cardboard lol

pics will come once i figure out how to get them off my phone

Finished off the first segment of buffing today. I'll be giving a few places special attention before moving on to the final waxing. It is looking great for a 20 year old paint job.

Then I'll be polishing all the chrome and wintering the car to put it away next weekend.

No snow here in Southern Ontario yet....thank goodness.

Sunday my son in-law and I took the starter off. It has sounded like it was grinding the teeth off of the starter or the flex plate. Everything checked out fine. Having built new starters in the 80's for GM and rebuilding many over the years here at home I decided to take mine apart. Well I had never worked on one of these new mini starters so now I can not get it back together. blush Them things are totally different than anything I have ever seen. So Summit Racing is getting some more of my money. After looking over the starter we took off we noticed that the rubber grommet protecting the wiring was dry rotted plus the wiring was showing some copper through the insulation. Should have the new starter tomorrow and be on the road again. grin

Mine is still sitting on my Hoist. I prob wont be able to touch it or my other project for a few weeks. Due to my Left knee blowing out on me yesterday morning trying to do the laundry.

frown

Installed the shorty plugs yesterday but due to rain, only drove it around the block. Todays forecast is low 70's and dry so I am thinking a nice cruise around Crescent Lake....

I recorded the miles, something I do on each car on the first of each month. I thought about driving it to the Chevy dealership where I purchased it 40+ years ago for the Chevy 100Th. Original building now sells Toyota's, current replacement building that's only about 20 years old is part way through a total makeover expansion so it's a mess there. Perhaps not........

Bruce