What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night the rear end went up in the air for a fuel pump swap. Finished the swap of the carb elec. fuel pump over to the fuel injection pump(nothing like the smell of 87 octane). Tonight brought wiper refills going to put the stock ones back on as the new style will not clear the hood from the park position. Got to finish up the elec. for the fuel pump and then hook everything up at the throttle body and then the fun part again.

Still workin on the cam and lifter swap. got the heads off today and cleaned up a couple brackets, rattle-canned 'em black they look pretty good. Sorry no pics. Also ordered a harmonic balancer and air cleaner. (Big chunk of rubber missing out of the balancer.)

Tommy, where in FL are you located?

I just got done installing a fuel pump kill switch cuz Big Blue is so easy to steal. I would tell you where its located but I'd have to kill ya. grin

Checked the mouse traps by the tires and the one on the passenger floor board. All empty is a good thing. The little buggers will be looking for shelter, especially since it's 20 degrees, very windy, and dropping fast here on the mountain. - Dave

Drove my 72 to work today, really felt good to drive it again. Also my baby brother is in for a visit and took him for a ride, he really enjoyed it and asked me if it was like the white one I used to have. Told him my 70 was forest green, he does not remember it. LOL LOL

Finished swapping out my valve springs and put a coat of rattle-can on. 003.jpg

If anyone feels the need to buy this spring compressor from Harbor Freight, I would recomend not doing it! What a piece of junk. (I should go get my two bucks back.) 005.jpg

I also got my cam and lifter and timing chain and gears in. 002.jpg

001.jpg

Also got a couple other pieces rattle-canned.

004.jpg

Tomorrow, I'd like to get the timing chain cover, oil pan, heads and intake put back on. We'll see.

Got mine turned around in the garage today and got it all jacked up to start the bushing replacement and found that they dont need replacement. So now it just looks like altranator replacement and im going to pull the starter and pull it apart and check it. I think it just needs a good cleaning but going to check it over good. Some more cleaning and more detailing and i'll be ready to go in the spring.

Thought about driving her in the 60 degree weather but alas, the dept of trans found it necessary to dump enough salt on the road last week to handle a 1/2 inch snow squaw like it was a 30 inch blizzard. Morons. - Dave

Thought about driving her in the 60 degree weather bout alas, the dept of trans found it necessary to dump enough salt on the road last week to handle a 1/2 inch snow squaw like it was a 30 inch blizzard. Morons. - Dave

Nothing like your tax dollars at work

Got the 72 out and a bottle of Sea Foam and $62 worth of gas and she is gassed for what ever may come. Took a drive and stopped by KFC got a bucket of chicken then went out to the nursing home where I met up with my Bros. Mike and Andy and had lunch with our parents. Great day in the morning we had a good time.

Took a ride down to the beach this morning to meet and see the boys and their toys. I saw Al (and his new Dodge Ram with the Hemi) Steve, Wes, Scott, Bill, Dan, Rich, Jimmy, Glenn, It was a nice day to see the boys and take a good long ride. I am hoping for more (continued) good weather and looking forward our Sunday morning Captree gatherings.

I went to the barn where mine is stored....peeled the cover back and made sure everything looked o.k.

Santa brought me new floor matts from Year One with Monte Carlo embroidered on them, my personalized plates that say LOSTNFND, a complete set of NOS center caps, and a new wax they have out called the Black Box which is especially for black cars as it doesn't leave a white residue behind.

Darn, I wish spring would get here...LOL

Cheers,

Larry

Out of the garage for a brief ride around the area. I did see a red 71 in a driveway, I know there is a green 70 that lives there, so Ill keep an eye on that house grin Ive spoken to them before at local cruises, but didnt want to just drop in at the house with noone outside!

Its all tucked back under its cover, if the weather keeps up the way its been, with no salt on the road, it will be out again soon.

Hey Mark....I'm into bikes as well. What's that you are riding?

I wish I could go for a ride right now. I'd need to move a little south though.

I too can't wait for spring to get in some riding time as well. Just hope it's early this year.

And Mark's bike looks to me to be a Suzuki Marauder 1600 M95 with some nice add on goodies.....Sampson? drag pipes, Billet Aluminum Cone Spike Air Cleaner Kit Intake Filter etc. Nice looking bike.

I love the inverted fork they used on these and the Kawasaki Mean Streak that came from the street bikes. I have heard they handle very well.

Larry don't remember what you said you ride again?

Scott