painting replaced front end parts

I have already had the A frames blasted and painted. Now i have to install all the ball joints and bushings. Do i paint them first and then install them or install and then paint with a brush? Also what do we do with the steering linkage? Were they painted out of the factory ? Do i paint them silver or just paint them clear before installing them?

I don't believe that the ball joints were painted from the factory, you could probably put some satin clear on them. I did my tie rod s with cast iron grey an cleared them, did the sleeves and clamps black

Hey Willie, those Lower ball-joints are a pain they have to be pressed in so paint the surface face after they are in and then screw in the grease nipple (dont paint nipples). Uppers just drop in and held down with allen key bolts and nylocks so paint those out first and same info on nipples after. The steering linkage I cleaned mine up gunwashed them off and taped up the fittings and sprayed the whole thing Argent silver same as rally wheels and then cleared them after and installed. be carefull that the clearcoat is from the same manufacturer as diff makes can cause the paint to run or not cure.....Just my 2 cents as others will chip in too and help.....

Darren.

I painted mine before pressing in the bushings and ball joints. Here is a link to my front end overhaul showing the sequence Linky I replaced the steering linkage also and I am pretty sure that it came out of the factory unpainted. I, however, decided to paint mine black. If you want a stock look without the rust, you can paint it gray.

Good luck

Thanks for the help guys. I like the argent silver look against the black frame so i think thats what i am leaning towards, and ofcourse i will clear it also.

Thanks Again